Consider the following scenario:
- You use Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 to edit an InfoPath Form Web Part in an External list form.
- You publish the form to a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 site.
- On the external list page, you try to edit the InfoPath Form Web Part.
In this scenario, you experience one of the following symptoms:
- You can edit the form and save changes that are made to it. However, the page that the form is located on does not reload and show the changes that were made to the InfoPath Form Web Part.
- The Web Part Tools frame does not open, and you receive the following error:
The following file is not a valid InfoPath form template: http://SharePoint_Server_Path/Lists/List_Name.
This problem occurs when the Form Location
property of the Web Part page uses an absolute path that points to the root site collection instead of to a relative path. For example, the error occurs when path resembles the following:
To repair a Web Part page that is experiencing this problem, use the following workaround:
- Open the Web Part page in SharePoint Designer 2010.
- In the Tag Properties pane, change the Form Location property to point to the form’s template file (*.xsn). By default, this location is as follows:
List_Location_path/Item/template.xsnFor example: If the list location is http://SharePointServer/sites/Site_Name/Lists/List_Name, you would change the Form Location property to /sites/Site_Name/Lists/List_Name/Item/template.xsn.
You can also edit the Web Part properties of the InfoPath Form Web Part. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open a list page that uses the InfoPath Form on the SharePoint site.
- Under List Tools, click the List tab.
- In the Customize List group, click Form Web Parts, and then click Default New Form.
- Make your changes to the InfoPath Web Part, and then click Stop Editing to save the changes that you have made.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 982244 - Last Review: January 30, 2013 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013
|kbforms kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbprb KB982244|