Consider the following scenario:
- You have Microsoft Office Click-to-Run installed on your computer.
- You try to install a 64-bit version of Microsoft Office.
In this scenario, the 64-bit version does not install. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
This 64-bit product may not be installed with Microsoft Office Click-to-Run. Remove Microsoft Office Click-to-Run and try again.
To work around this issue, uninstall Microsoft Office Click-to-Run and then install the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office.
To determine whether you have Microsoft Office Click-to-Run installed on your computer, click the File
tab and then click Help
. If you see a Click-to-Run Product Updates
section, then Click-to-Run is installed on your computer.
To uninstall Microsoft Office Click-to-Run from your computer, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click the Add or Remove Programs item or click the Programs and Features item.
- In the list of installed programs, click Microsoft Office Click-to-Run (2010 or 2013) and then click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when you are prompted to remove all applications that were installed by Office Click-to-Run.
Article ID: 982258 - Last Review: December 11, 2012 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Microsoft Excel Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft OneNote 2010
- Microsoft OneNote Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Microsoft PowerPoint Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Word Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2013
- Microsoft OneNote 2013
- Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Microsoft Word 2013
|kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbprb KB982258|