Consider the following scenario:
- You manage a Business Connectivity Services (BCS) application in Central Administration on a server that is running Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- You do one of the following to an existing entity:
- You delete the default action.
- You rename the default action, and you click to clear the Default Action check box. You do these two changes in the same edit.
In this scenario, you cannot edit actions for the same existing entity. Additionally, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
Action could not be found using criteria 'Name=default_action'
placeholder is the name of the default action that you deleted or renamed.
To work around this issue, do one of the following:
- Export the external content type, and then delete the default action property.
- Add a new default action.
- Add a new action, and give it the same name as the default action that you deleted in the "Symptoms" section.
Article ID: 982264 - Last Review: September 22, 2011 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
|kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB982264|