Microsoft is offering a new way to download and install Microsoft Office 2010 products. This technology is called Click-to-Run. This article discusses an error message that you may receive when you try to repair Office 2010 Click-to-Run products.
Assume that you are logged on to your computer as a guest or as a user without Administrator permissions. Then, you try to repair an Office 2010 Click-to-Run product. In this scenario, you may receive one of the following error messages:
- Error message 1
You must be logged on as an administrator to repair or remove this product.
- Error message 2
The action could not be completed.
To resolve this issue, log on to your computer by using the local administrator account. Or, log on by using a user account that has local administrative credentials.
How to create a user account that has local administrative credentials
If you are running Windows XP, follow these steps:
- Log on to your computer as an administrator. Next, click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Under Pick a category, click User Accounts.
- Under Pick a task, click Create a new account.
- In the User Accounts Wizard, on the Name the new account page, type the name for the user. You can use the person's full name, the first name, or a nickname. Then, click Next.
- The User Accounts wizard displays the Pick an account type page. Click Computer administrator, and then click Create Account.
If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, follow these steps:
- Log on to your computer as an administrator. Then, click Start.
- Click Control Panel, click User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click User Accounts.
- Click Manage another account. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
- Click Create a new account.
- Type the name for the user. You can use the person's full name, the first name, or a nickname. Click Administrator, and then click Create Account.
Article ID: 982459 - Last Review: August 26, 2011 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010