When you save a Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 presentation as a video, any slide transition sounds that were used in the presentation are missing. When you view the video, there are no slide transition sounds.
To work around this missing slide transition sound issue, remove the transition sounds, and then add the sounds directly to the slide. The sounds can then be set to play across slides and be triggered just before slide transitions to the next slide. Note
This workaround only works if the presentation uses slide timings to advance to the next slide.
- Open the presentation in PowerPoint 2010.
- Locate the slides with the transition sounds. On the Transitions tab, set Transition Sound to [No Sound].
- Under Advance Slide, note the slide duration time in the Automatically after box.
- On the Insert tab, in the Media Clips group, under Sound, click either Sound from file or Sound from Clip Organizer.
- Insert the sound that you want to play across the slide transition.
- Click Automatically when you are prompted.
- Under Sound Tools, click the Options tab.
- In the Sound Options group, select the Hide During Show check box.
- Under the Animations tab, in the Animations group, click Custom Animation.
- In the Custom Animation pane, right-click the sound file that is listed in the animations list, and then click Timing.
- Set the Start drop-down list to After Previous.
- In the Delay field, enter a value that is equal to the slide duration time minus 1 second. You noted the slide duration time in step 3. For example, if the slide advances after 40 seconds, you would set the Delay value to 39 seconds.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 2 through 13 for each slide transition that has a transition sound.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 982690 - Last Review: December 20, 2012 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Microsoft PowerPoint Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
|kbslideshow kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbprb KB982690|