Consider the following scenario:
- You have a server that is running Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 with an Enterprise client access license (CAL) enabled.
- In Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010, you create an entity with create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations.
- You define a wildcard filter on one of the columns of the entity's database table.
- In SharePoint Designer 2010, you create an external list that is based on the entity.
- You create a Business Connectivity Services (BCS) simple solution that uses the external list.
- Then, you take the external list offline to Outlook.
- The simple solution appears in Outlook.
- Later, in SharePoint Designer 2010, you remove the filter from the entity's database table. However, you do not regenerate the external list that is based on this entity.
- In Outlook, you try to upgrade the simple solution.
In this scenario, the simple solution upgrade fails.
This issue occurs because the view file that is associated with the external list is not updated. This view file still references the filter that you used on the entity's database table. However, the entity no longer uses that filter. Therefore, the simple solution upgrade fails.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- In SharePoint Server 2010, browse to the external list.
- On the ribbon, under List Tools, click the List tab.
- In the Manage Views group, click Modify View.
- Click OK.
This updates the view file and triggers a new simple solution update in Outlook.
Article ID: 983016 - Last Review: September 21, 2010 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010
|kbprb kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbpubtypekc kbexpertiseadvanced kbinstallation KB983016|