Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 to a server.
- You create a tenant administration site. For example, you create http://www.Adatum.com
- You set up a corresponding tenant site. For example, you set up http://www.Contoso.com
- You associate a Business Data Catalog (BDC) partition with the tenant sites.
- You manage the BDC partition on the tenant administration site, and then you import External Content Types to or you create External Content Types in the tenant administration site.
- You set the profile page host to the tenant site. For example, you set the profile page host to http://www.Contoso.com
- You select an External Content Type, and then you click Create/Upgrade profile page. Then, you click OK to start the wizard.
- You click OK on the Summary page to exit the wizard.
In this scenario, you receive the following error:
An unexpected error has occurred.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint version_name
Correlation ID: Correlation_ID_String
Date and Time: Date_and_Time
This issue occurs because the web browser treats the tenant administration site and the tenant site as if they were on different domains. The web browser then imposes a cross-scripting boundary between the tenant administration site and the tenant site. This prevents the closing script from running.
To work around this issue, you can close the Summary window. To do this, click the X
button in the upper-right corner of the window. After the window is closed, you have to manually update the Manage BDC page.
Article ID: 983091 - Last Review: July 26, 2010 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
|kbprb kbpubtypekc kbsurveynew kbtshoot KB983091|