If you have Microsoft Plus! for Windows 95 and a functional sound card
installed, you can create a new task in System Agent to play a sound at a
specified time. This might be useful if you want to play a chime at noon
or hear a reminder to take a break at a certain time every day.
To create a new task in System Agent to play a sound at a specified time,
follow these steps:
- Click the Start button, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point
to System Tools, and then click System Agent.
- On the Program menu, click Schedule A New Program.
- Type the following text in the Program box:
c:\windows\sndrec32.exe /play /close <path to sound file>
For example, to play the "The Microsoft Sound.wav" file, you would
c:\windows\sndrec32.exe /play /close c:\windows\media\
the microsoft sound.wav
- Click When To Run. Choose how often to play the sound file in the Run
box, and then choose a time to play the sound file in the Start At box.
- Click OK, and then close System Agent.
Article ID: 168789 - Last Review: January 19, 2007 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Plus! 95 Standard Edition
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.