Support for Microsoft Visual Studio
how-to articles - Visual Studio
- How to use the accumulate, copy, and vector::push_back STL functions in Visual C++
Describes how to use the accumulate, copy, and vector::push_back STL functions in Visual C++. This article also provides a code sample to show how to perform this task.
- How to build custom COM interface marshalers in Visual C++
Explains how to build a self-registering standard marshaler from an IDL script that describes your custom interface.
- HOWTO: Setting Up Visual Studio onto Multiple Smaller Drives
With Visual Studio 97 you get a vast and comprehensive visual tool set to develop internet solutions and windows applications. In addition to providing the tools needed for application development, Visual Studio also provides a shared environment (IDE)...
- How to start a second thread in an MFC-based ActiveX control to fire events in Visual C++
Describes how to start a second thread in an MFC-based ActiveX control to fire events to the container in Visual C++. Includes information about special considerations that must be taken when events are fired from a secondary thread.
- Description of the default C and C++ libraries that a program will link with when built by using Visual C++
Describes the default libraries LIBC[D].LIB, LIBCMT[D].LIB, LIBCI[D].LIB, LIBCIMT[D].LIB, LIBCP[D].LIB, LIBCPMT[D].LIB, MSVCRT[D].LIB, MSVCIRT[D].LIB, and MSVCPRT[D].LIB that a program will link with when built using Visual C++.
- How to use the operator == and the operator < Standard Template Library (STL) functions for the deque container class in Visual C++
Provides sample code to show how to use the operator == and the operator < STL functions for the deque container class in Visual C++.
- INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
This article provides information about the contents of the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3 and where you can get it. If you are looking for information concerning Visual Studio 6.0 service packs, please see the following article in the Microsoft...
- How To Determine VS97 Service Pack Updates in a Product
The Help About drop-down boxes in the various developer tools included in Visual Studio 97 do not indicate what updates have been made since the initial release of the product in 1997. After you apply the Service Pack to a developer tool, the only...
- INFO: Explanation of Vb50.vbp in the Os\ShellNew Directory
The file Vb50.vbp in the Os\Shellnew directory of your Visual Basic CD-ROM is copied into the Windows\Shellnew directory during Visual Basic installation. This file is used by Windows to create a copy of this file when you click File New in...
- FILE: COMCTLZP.EXE: Comctl32.ocx Updated to Version 5.00.3828
COMCTLZP.EXE is a compressed file that contains an updated version of Comctl32.ocx and its supporting files for Windows 95, Windows NT 3.51 with Service Pack 5, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000. Version 5.00.3828 fixes a couple of problems with...
- How to use GUID fields in Access from Visual C++
Discusses how to create, insert, and update a GUID field programmatically in Visual C++.
- INFO: Visual Basic Directory List (LONG)
This article gives an overview of the contents in the Visual Basic directory, located on Visual Studio Disc 1. The Visual Basic directory contains three directories: \OS: contains the system files specific to Visual Basic. \Tools: contains the...
- How to use Visual C++ on networks
Describes how to use Visual C++ on networks. Visual C++ is not designed and tested as a network application.
- An application is not required to export callback functions in the Win32 operating system
Explains that an application is not required to export callback functions in the Win32 operating system.
- Description of the calling conventions that the 32-bit compiler supports
Explains that Visual C++ 32-bit Edition supports the calling conventions C (_cdecl), standard (_stdcall), and fastcall (_fastcall) and does not support the Pascal calling convention (_pascal) provided by compilers for MS-DOS and 16-bit Windows.
- List of Knowledge Base keywords that you can use to search for languages articles
Includes the Knowledge Base keywords that you can use to search for Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that are about programming language products.
- Cout and endl can be used in an application and in a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) to display information
Explains that the standard output stream (cout) and the endl manipulator can be used in an application and in a DLL to display information.
- How to convert a string to a floating-point number in C++
Compares the Sscanf() and Atof() functions. You can use these function to convert a string to a floating-point number.
- How to dynamically load dynamic-link libraries (DLLs) in Windows NT
Describes how to dynamically load dynamic-link libraries (DLLs) in Windows NT.
- How to create an .mdb file for Microsoft Access databases in Visual C++
Describes how to create an .mdb file for Microsoft Access databases in Visual C++.
- How to clean up invalid registry entries in Visual C++ and in Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC)
Describes the RegMaid.exe utility.
- Frequently asked questions about the Standard C++ library
Answers common questions about the Standard C++ library.
- How to determine default libraries for an .obj object file in Visual C++
Explains that in Visual C++ default libraries can be linked to automatically. This article introduces how to determine default libraries for an .obj object file in Visual C++.
- How to remove a Toolbox component, an OLE Control, or a Component Gallery component from a Visual C++ project
Describes how to remove a Toolbox component, an OLE Control, or a Component Gallery component from a Visual C++ project. Because the components are different, this article provides only a general guideline.
- How to replace the MFC IDispatch implementation with a type-library-based IDispatch implementation by using Visual C++
Describes how to replace the MFC IDispatch with a type library-based IDispatch implementation. Explains how to use the OLE system API DispInvoke and DispGetIDsOfNames to implement IDispatch::Invoke and IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames by using Visual C++.