Support for Windows Small Business Server 2011, 2008, 2003 & 2000
Troubleshooting - Windows Small Business Server
- You receive a "The name of the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site" warning when you try to connect Outlook 2007 to Small Business Server 2008
Describes the issue where you receive the warning "The name of the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site" when you try to connect Outlook 2007 to Small Business Server 2008.
- MS09-008: Description of the security update for DNS server: March 10, 2009
Resolves vulnerabilites in DNS server that could allow spoofing.
- Error logging in HTTP API
This article describes the error logging capabilities of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) APIs. Some errors that occur in an HTTP-based application are automatically handled by the HTTP API instead of being passed back to an application for handling....
- Mapped Drive Connection to Network Share May Be Lost
On a computer that runs one of the versions of Windows that is listed at the beginning of this article, if you map a drive to a network share, the mapped drive may be disconnected after a regular interval of inactivity, and Windows Explorer may display...
- "No Certificate Templates Could Be Found" error message when a user requests certificate from CA Web enrollment pages
When a user tries to request a certificate from the certification authority (CA) Web enrollment pages, the user may receive the following error message: This behavior occurs if the Web enrollment pages are in an Active Directory domain on an Enterprise...
- The installation of Windows Small Business Server 2008 on a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if the time zone of the virtual machine differs from the time zone in the parent partition
Describes a problem in which a Windows Small Business Server 2008 installation on a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if the time zone of the virtual machine differs from its parent partition's time zone.
- Intranet site is identified as an Internet site when you use an FQDN or an IP address
When you access a local area network (LAN), an intranet share, or an intranet Web site by using an Internet Protocol (IP) address or a fully qualified domain name (FQDN), the share or Web site may be identified as in the Internet zone instead of in the...
- "No Updates Were Installed" error message when you try to install an update from the Windows Update Web site on a computer that is running Windows Small Business Server 2003
Describes a resolution for an issue in Windows Small Business Server 2003 where you cannot install updates from the Windows Update Web site. You receive a "No Updates Were Installed" error message.
- Windows timezone UTC +02:00 Cairo Daylight Saving Time updates for August and September 2010
Recently, updates to Egypt's Daylight Savings Time (DST) plans and schedule have been published, including the following changes: Turning DST off 23:59:59 10th August Turning DST back on 23:59:59 9th September Turning DST off again 23:59:59 30th...
- Error messages when you try to synchronize a Windows Mobile device to Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows SBS 2003-based computer
Describes an issue that may occur when ActiveSync-related virtual directories have incorrect settings.
- Event 9175: The MAPI Call 'OpenMsgStore' Failed with the Following Error
The following event may be logged in the Application event log on a computer that is running Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: MAPI Session Event ID: 9175 Date: 5/8/2000 Time:...
- Services for Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010 cannot start automatically after you install Exchange Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2010 on a global catalog server
Describes a problem in which Exchange 2007 services cannot start automatically after you install Exchange 2007 on a global catalog server. Provides several methods that you can use to work around this problem.
- Computer viruses: description, prevention, and recovery
Discusses the different types of viruses and how to deal with them.
- You cannot save or copy files from a Mac OS 9.x computer after you install security update 885250 (MS05-011)
After you apply the MS05-011 security bulletin, you cannot save or copy files from a Mac OS 9.x computer. Mac OS 9.x computers use AppleShare IP 6.3 technology.
- You cannot connect to a remote computer or start a remote application when you use Terminal Services Web Access or Remote Web Workspace on a Windows XP SP3-based or Windows Small Business Server 2003 SP1-based computer
Describes a workaround for an issue in which you cannot connect to a remote computer or start a remote application when you use TS Web Access or Remote Web Workspace. Occurs because of an ActiveX control issue.
- "Directory Services cannot start" error message when you start your Windows-based or SBS-based domain controller
Explains how to recover from a corrupted Active Directory database or from a similar problem that prevents your computer from starting in normal mode.
- "HTTP Error 404 - File or Directory not found" error message when you request dynamic content with IIS 6.0
When you request dynamic content such as an Active Server Pages (ASP) page, an ASP.NET page, an Internet Services API (ISAPI) application, or a Common Gateway Interface (CGI) application on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 server that is running Internet...
- You cannot open file shares or Group Policy snap-ins when you disable SMB signing for the Workstation or Server service on a domain controller
Describes how to resolve a problem that occurs when SMB signing is disabled for the Workstation or Server service on a domain controller, but SMB signing is required for the Server or Workstation service on the same domain controller.
- Mydoom, Zindos, and Doomjuice Worm Removal Tool
Provides information about how to use the Microsoft Mydoom Worm Removal Tool. Includes answers to frequently asked questions.
- Error message when you open the Windows Address Book or you open Outlook Express after you install cumulative security update 911567 (MS06-016)
Discusses how to resolve problems that you may experience after you install cumulative security update 911567 (MS06-016).
- Event ID 8 is logged in the Application log
One or both of the following event messages may be logged in the Application log: Message 1 Message 2
- Exchange Store Does Not Start: Errors 7024, 1026, 9542, and 5000
When you start Windows with Exchange installed, you may be notified by Service Control Manager with an error message similar to the following error message: You may find the following error events in Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source:...
- A Stop error occurs on an HP ProLiant server that has the firmware from an E200/E200i HP Smart Array SAS/SATA controller installed on any Windows Server platform
Describes a Stop error scenario that occurs on an HP ProLiant server that has the firmware of E200/E200i HP Smart Array SAS/SATA controller installed on any Windows Server platform. Provides a resolution to resolve this issue.
- Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: "Windows has detected unsupported language files"
Describes an issue in which you cannot install Windows Vista SP2 or Windows Server 2008 SP2. You receive a "Windows has detected unsupported language files" error message. A workaround is provided.
- Unknown error 80040d1b occurs when you try to expand a storage group in Exchange System Manager
When you try to expand a storage group under your server in the Exchange System Manager utility, you receive the following error message: When you click , no databases appear under the storage group that you tried to expand. Additionally, the following...