Content Management Server 2002 Solution Center
how-to articles - Microsoft Content Management Server 2002
- If You Change the Name of an IIS Application that Contains MCMS Templates, the MCMS Template Breaks
Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) templates reference their template file by using the template file property. The template file property is a Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) application (or virtual directory) path that tells MCMS...
- HOW TO: Troubleshoot Site Deployment Issues in Microsoft Content Management Server 2002
This step-by-step article describes the most common symptoms, causes, and troubleshooting procedures related to Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) 2002 site deployment problems. In MCMS 2002, site deployment is the transfer of Web content from a...
- A list of the bugs that are fixed in Content Management Server 2002 Service Pack 2
Lists the fixes that are included with Content Management Server 2002 Service Pack 2.
- How To Enable the Map Channel Names to Host Header Names Feature
When you use the Map Channel Names to Host Header Names feature in Content Management Server (CMS) 2001, you can host several independent virtual Web sites with a single CMS 2001 server. You can access all the virtual Web sites through different fully...
- Content Management Server 2002 Service Pack 2 installation information
Describes installation information about Content Management Server (MCMS) 2002 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- SQL Server cluster supportability with MCMS 2002 and with MCMS 2001
Defines the type of SQL clustering that is supported with MCMS 2002 and with MCMS 2001.
- How to Install SQL Server 2000 SP3 or Security Patch MS02-061 with Content Management Server
Content Management Server relies heavily on Microsoft SQL Server 7 or SQL Server 2000 to store and provide its content. However, SQL Server may be vulnerable to the recent Slammer worm as described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: This...
- Language versions of operating systems that support Microsoft Content Management Server 2002
Describes the language options that are available with MCMS 2002 SP1a and the supported platform languages for those versions.
- How to maintain a Microsoft Content Management Server database
Describes a procedure to keep your MCMS database compact and clean by using a substitute process for the Background Process in MCMS 2001.
- Set the node cache size based on site size
If the node cache setting in the Server Configuration Application (SCA) is not set high enough to hold all of the cacheable items in the CMS database, site performance can decrease and parts of your site may not be available during long running...
- How to Enable Guest Access in a Multi-Server Scenario When You Cannot Use a Domain Account
This step-by-step article describes how to enable guest access to Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) in an environment where multiple MCMS servers use the same MCMS repository to deliver content without using a domain account as a guest...
- How to assign impersonation user rights for MCMS 2002 when MCMS and the .NET Framework 1.1 are installed on a domain controller
This article describes how to assign impersonation user rights when Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) 2002 is installed on a computer with the Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1, when MCMS is installed on a domain controller, or when MCMS is...
- You receive a "Navigation Error" error message when you use MCMS Authoring Connector after you upgrade MCMS 2002 Service Pack 1 (SP1) to run on a Windows Server 2003-based computer
Describes a problem where you receive a "Navigation Error" error message when you use MCMS Authoring Connector after you upgrade MCMS 2002 Service Pack 1 (SP1) to run on computer that is running Windows Server 2003.
- How To Assign Local Resources to Image or Attachment Placeholders
The following code sample demonstrates how to create a posting by using a Publishing Application Programming Interface (PAPI) application (such as a Web service or a console application) that requires a file located on the file system to be assigned to...
- List of Bugs Fixed in Content Management Server 2002 Service Pack 1a
The following is a list of fixes and various other improvements that are included in Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) 2002 Service Pack 1a (SP1a).
- How to define the MIME type and generated icon for an attachment or resource
This step-by-step article describes how to define the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) type and icon that are generated for a resource that is stored in Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) . An example is used to demonstrate how to...
- How to share MCMS content from a connected template in MCMS 2002
Describes the steps to share MCMS content from a connected template.
- All incremental crawls against the MCMS 2002 site are performed as full crawls
When you use Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server or Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 as a search engine to create a search result catalog against a Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) 2002 Web site, and you then update the search...
- List of Fixes in Microsoft Content Management Server 2002 SP1
The following is a list of fixes and various other improvements that have been made in Microsoft Content Management Server 2002 Service Pack 1.
- The supported Windows 2000 operating system language for Content Management Server 2001 and for Content Management Server 2002
Discusses Content Management Server (MCMS) 2001 and MCMS 2002 language support in Windows 2000. MCMS 2001 is supported in only the English version of Windows 2000. The English version of MCMS 2002 supports all language versions of Windows 2000.
- How to implement SSL with host header mapping in MCMS 2002
This article describes how to implement host header mapping in MCMS 2002 with multiple SSL Web sites.
- The page status does not change to Published in Content Management Server 2002
Describes a problem that occurs when the page status does not change to Published in Content Management Server 2002. Includes a hotfix to resolve the problem.
- You receive a 403.18 error message when you run an MCMS application in a different application pool on IIS 6.0
Explains that you must run an MCMS application in the same application pool where the MCMS Web entry point (Web site) is bound.