Office 2000 Solution Center
how-to articles - Microsoft Office 2000
- Fonts that are installed with Office
Describes the fonts that are installed with each version of Microsoft Office.
- OFF2000: Products That Qualify for the Microsoft Office Upgrade
Microsoft Office is available in two versions, a non-upgrade version that you can install on any compatible computer, and an upgrade version that requires that a qualifying product be installed on your computer or that disk 1 from the qualifying...
- ACC2000: Access 2000 Setup Does Not Create Workgroup Admin Icon
The Setup programs for the products listed at the beginning of this article do not create a menu shortcut for the Workgroup Administrator program. The Workgroup Administrator program provides a simple user interface for creating or joining a new...
- OFF2000: Office Stops During Setup: Troubleshooting Steps on Windows 95
This article contains information about troubleshooting steps to use when you are installing Microsoft Office programs under Microsoft Windows 95 and Setup seems to stop responding (hang) without apparent errors.
- The Office 2000 Resource Kit is not available for download
Describes how you can view the Office 2000 Resource Kit (ORK) on the Microsoft Web site instead of downloading the Office 2000 Resource Kit (ORK) from the Web.
- Description of the Find Fast Indexer utility in Office 2000
Describes the Find Fast Indexer utility that usess the Open command and the Open Office Documents commands in Office 2000 programs to build indixes to speed searching documents. Requires that you run Find Fast from the Control Panel to create...
- OFF2000: How to Install Windows 95 to a New Folder to Troubleshoot Office
This article describes how to install a second copy of Microsoft Windows 95 to a new folder on your computer for troubleshooting problems that arise during installation or use of Microsoft Office programs. The second installation is also useful...
- Support for the new Euro currency symbol in Office
This article contains information about how you can enable support for the Euro currency symbol in the programs listed at the beginning of this article. In Europe, a new currency called the Euro has been created. As of June 1998, the Euro does not...
- Contents of the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) 2000 readme file for Office 2000
Explains that the Japanese IME 2000 Readme.txt file is a text file that contains supplemental information about installing and using Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) 2000. Contains the complete text of this file.
- List of error codes and error messages for Windows Installer processes
Lists the error codes and the error message texts that appear when the Windows Installer (Msiexec.exe) is called on to perform an overall process. You can create a verbose log file to see the error codes in the Windows Installer log file.
- How to install Windows 98 to a new folder to troubleshoot problems in Office 2000
Describes how to install a second copy of Windows 98 to a new folder to troubleshoot problems in Office 2000. Includes how to create a Windows 98 startup disk and explains how to restore the previous copy of Windows 98.
- Detection and deployment guidance for the April 10, 2007 security release
Provides a detection and deployment guidance for the April 10, 2007 security release.
- How to install real mode CD-ROM drive drivers in Windows 98
Describes how to install real mode CD-ROM drive drivers under Windows 98 when you are troubleshooting issues that occur when you install Office. Requires that you run Windows in Safe Mode to turn on the real mode drivers for your CD-ROM drive.
- How to create an automation project using MFC and a type library
This article illustrates, in detail, how to automate component integration with COM-compliant applications such as the Microsoft Office applications.
- INFO: Translating Automation Errors for VB/VBA (Long)
This article describes several methods you can use to obtain the message text for an error code. This article also contains a list of error codes and descriptions as found in Winerror.h. NOTE : When errors are raised when working with the...
- How To Use Automation to Retrieve Built-in Document Properties
This article discusses how to use version 4.2 of the Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) library installed with Microsoft Visual C++ versions 5.0 and 6.0 to find and print the built-in document properties of a Microsoft Word document. The built-in...
- How To Use MFC to Create a Microsoft Excel Chart
This article discusses how to use version 4.2 of the Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) library installed with Microsoft Visual C++ versions 5.0 and 6.0 to automate Microsoft Excel so that it will populate a worksheet with data and create charts....
- How To Use MFC to Automate Excel and Navigate Worksheets
This article discusses how to use version 4.2 of the Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) library installed with Microsoft Visual C++ versions 5.0 and 6.0 to automate Microsoft Excel. Specifically, it shows how to navigate between the worksheets in a...
- How to use MFC to automate Excel and create and format a new workbook
Describes how to use the Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) library to automate Excel 2002. The article also explains how to use Automation to create and format an Excel workbook. This article contains sample code to show how to perform these tasks.
- Issues when you redistribute an Access application as a split database application
This article discusses issues that you should address when you redistribute a Microsoft Access application as a split database application by using the Microsoft Office Developer Edition Tools (ODE) or Microsoft Access Developer's Toolkit (ADT)...
- How to remove unwanted gridlines from an Excel object
When you embed or link a Microsoft Excel object to a document created in another Office program, you may notice that the gridlines from Microsoft Excel are visible in the destination document. To remove the gridlines, use the following steps. For...
- How to use Extract.exe to copy files from the cabinet files
Describes how to use the Extract utility to locate or to copy individual files from the cabinet files. You can use the Extract.exe command line to perform this task.
- How to select a compatible printer driver for your printer How to select a compatible printer driver for your printer when you use Office 97, Office 2000, or Office XP
Explains how to select a compatible driver by determining which language your printer recognizes. You can follow the guidelines in this article to select an ink-jet printer, a dot-matrix printer, or a laser printer.
- Supported installation methods for deploying Microsoft Office
Office 2003828377 For a Microsoft Office 2003 version of this article, see 828377. Office XP298043 For a Microsoft Office XP version of this article, see 298043. Office 2000244421 For a Microsoft Office 2000 version of this article, see 244421....
- OFF: .Exd Files Are Created When You Insert Controls
When you run any of the programs listed at the beginning of this article, the program creates the following new folders in the Windows\Temp folder, or in some other folder on your computer: Excel8.0 Ppt8.0 Word8.0 Vbe For Office 2000, the following new...