Office 2000 Solution Center
Download details - Office 2000
- How to download and install the Office 2000 Speller Update
Describes how to download and apply the Office 2000 Speller Update that includes approximately 13,000 additional words. You cannot remove the update after you install it.
- OFF2000: C++ Runtime Error When You Use Portuguese/Brazilian Proofing Tools
Shortly after you open a file that contains Portuguese-Brazilian text, you receive the following error message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error! Program:...RQUIVOS DE PROGRAMAS\MICROSOFT OFFICE\WINWORD.EXE abnormal program termination This...
- OL2000: Outlook Quits with an Access Violation When You Click 'Exit' or 'Exit and Log Off'
Outlook 2000 may quit with an access violation when you click Exit or Exit and Log Off on the File menu if the following circumstances are true: You started Outlook 2000 by using the Windows 32-bit application programming interface (API) ShellExecute()...
- OFF2000: 'Detect and Repair' Installs Invalid Outlook Icon on the Desktop of Other Users
When you use Detect and Repair on a multiple-user computer that is running Microsoft Office 2000, an invalid Microsoft Outlook icon may be installed on the desktop of the other users that do not have Office 2000 installed.
- You receive an error message when you open from or save to a domain Dfs in Office 2000
When you enter a UNC path to a distributed file system (Dfs) share where the domain name is different from the network basic input/output system (NetBIOS) name, you receive an error message similar to the following: Or, you receive the following error...
- OFF2000: Indexing Service Fails to Index Files That Contain Range Names
The Indexing Service does not index certain Excel files correctly. The Excel files that fail to be indexed contain range names (aliases for ranges of cells in sheets). If these range names refer to a range that is specified as a fully qualified range,...
- SharePoint Portal Server Does Not Retain Custom Properties in Word and Excel Files
In Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel documents, you can create fields that are linked to custom document properties. When you enter information in the fields, the custom document properties are automatically updated. You can put these documents in the...
- OFF2000: Overview of the Office 2000 Italian Proofing Tools Update: March 5, 2003
Microsoft has released an update to Microsoft Office 2000. This update fixes a problem where the Italian thesaurus may suggest some inappropriate offensive words. In addition, the updated Italian proofing tools - Italian spelling checker, grammar...
- "c0000005 (access violation)" error message when you check the spelling in a Portuguese (Brazil) Outlook Express e-mail message
Fixes a problem that may cause a "c0000005 (access violation)" error message when you check the spelling in a Portuguese (Brazil) Outlook Express e-mail message. You can contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix.
- Description of the Office 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Provides general information about downloading and installing the Office 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3) to enhance security and to improve stability and performance.
- The Answer Wizard and the Help Index tabs appear blank when you use Help in an Office program
Explains that the Answer Wizard and the Index tabs may be blank when you use Help in an Office program. To work around this problem, change the security permissions on the Windows registry keys.
- Off2000: Installation of Office 2000 from an Administrative Share Point Stops Responding
When you try to install Microsoft Office 2000 from an administrative share point, your computer may stop responding and you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
- OFF2000: What Is Office 2000 Service Pack 2 (SP-2)?
This article describes Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 2 (SP-2).
- How to obtain and install the Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a Update
Describes how to download and install the Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a Update from the Microsoft Tools on the Web site. Requires that you have Office 2000 installed, the original Office 2000 CDs, and at least 33 MB of free space.
- OFF2000: "A Newer Version of DCOM95 Had Been Installed" Message During Quiet Mode Setup
When you try to install Office 2000, an error message similar to the following appears: A newer version of DCOM95 had been installed. To override, you must uninstall the current version first. When you click OK , the installation continues and...
- MOD2000: You Cannot Install an Access Run-Time Application on Terminal Server
If you try to run Setup for a solution that includes the Access Run-Time version, during the Access Run-Time version Setup, you may receive the following error message:
- MS09-010: Vulnerability in WordPad and Office text converters could allow remote code execution
Resolves vulnerabilities in WordPad and Office Text Converters that could allow remote code execution if a specially crafted file is opened in WordPad or Office Word.
- FIX: Double GET requests and cookies are lost with Word 2000 or Excel 2000
When Internet Explorer connects to a Web server resource that dynamically generates Word, Excel, or other Active Documents, Internet Explorer may send two GET requests for the resource. The second GET usually does not have session state...
- DAO 3.60: Setting Bookmark Property Moves to Wrong Row
In DAO 3.60 using the Bookmark property of a recordset to navigate to a specific record places you on the wrong record. This is likely to surface when saving a Bookmark and moving to a different record, and then moving back to the bookmarked record by...
- FIX: You receive an "Error 1931. The Windows Installer service cannot update the system file" error message when you run Detect and Repair for Office 2000
Fixes a problem that may cause an "Error 1931" error message when you run Detect and Repair for Office 2000. You can close the error message box, install a hotfix, or upgrade to Internet Explorer 6.0 or later version.
- "Error 1931" When You Run Detect and Repair For Office 2000
You may receive the following error message when you run Detect and Repair for Office 2000: Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional Error 1931: The Windows Installer service cannot update the system file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft...
- How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2000
Describes different methods about how to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2000.
- You receive an error message when you try to display Office help on a Microsoft Windows XP-, Windows 2000- or Windows Me-based computer
Explains that you receive an error message and cannot see the Data Access Objects Help topics in Access. This behavior occurs because MDAC 2.5 and MDAC 2.7 do not include the compressed HTML programming Help files.
- INFO: Non-BDE Paradox and dBase ISAM Drivers
Microsoft has created new Paradox and dBASE ISAM drivers for Microsoft Jet 4.0 that do not require the installation of the Borland Database Engine (BDE) to provide full read/write access to Paradox and dBASE files. The current Jet 4.0-based...
- OFF2000: Characters Are Displayed Upside Down When You Insert EMF
When you insert an Enhanced Metafile (EMF) image, such as a Barcode Control, into your document, the characters in the EMF or barcode are displayed upside down. This issue occurs only on computers running Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 or Microsoft Windows...
Related Office 2000 Web Sites