Microsoft Office Access 2003
how-to articles - Access 2003
- How to find a phone number for a Microsoft Product Activation Center
Describes how to contact a Microsoft Product Activation Center to activate Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and 2007 Microsoft Office suites and programs.
- Information about running multiple versions of Office with Office 2003
Describes the problems that you may experience if you run multiple versions of Microsoft Office.
- How to modify query properties in Microsoft Access
Describes how to modify query properties in Microsoft Access. This information is useful if you want to perform such tasks as: change the display of fields, create top value queries,add an alias for a table,change field captions and formatting.
- Defining relationships between tables in a Microsoft Access database
Provides the information on how to define relationships in an Access 2002 database, in an Access 2003 database, or in an Access 2007 database
- Information about the ability to uninstall Office updates
Provides information about how to remove Microsoft Office updates. The ability to remove Office updates was added to certain Office updates that are dated July 12, 2005 and later.
- How to order a replacement CD for Microsoft Office
Lists the phone numbers for U.S. and Canadian customers when you have lost, broken, or misplaced your original Publisher installation CD and want to order the replacement media from Microsoft. Explains how to view the status of your order.
- List of system requirements for Microsoft Office 2003
Lists the system requirements for Office 2003. Office 2003 requires a computer that is running Windows 2000 SP3 or a later version, a Pentium processor with a clock speed of at least 233 MHz, at least 128 MB of RAM, and 400 MB of free hard-disk space.
- How to install or repair and reinstall Office 2003 programs and features
Provides a step-by-step description about how to install or repair and reinstall Office 2003 programs and features.
- How to check the version of Office 2003 products
This article describes how to determine the exact version of your Microsoft Office 2003 product. It also provides version numbers for the original release and subsequent service packs.
- Local Install Source (Msocache)
Local Install Source is a Setup feature that copies the install source files from the Microsoft Office 2003 installation media (for example, the Office 2003 CD-ROM) to the Msocache folder. This is a hidden folder on your local hard disk.
- How to install Office 2003 or Office XP on a computer that is running Windows Terminal Server
This article explains details concerning how Office 2003 and Office XP should be installed on a computer that is running Terminal Services.
- How to create and use a batch file to silently install multiple GDI+ security updates
Discusses how to use a batch file to silently install multiple GDI+ security updates for Office programs
- How to keep a Jet 4.0 database in top working condition
By default, Microsoft Jet is the database engine that is used in Microsoft Access. This article describes best practices that you can use to help keep your Jet database in top working condition. This article describes databases that are running in a...
- How to change the company name and user name in Office 2003
Explains how to change the name of the company in Office 2003 after setup by modifying the Windows registry. Explains how to change the user name information.
- How to customize the My Places bar in both the Open and the Save As dialog boxes in Office
Provides a guide to add items to and remove items from the My Places bar that appears in both the Open and the Save As dialog boxes in Microsoft Office programs. Also explains how to change the settings of the My Places bar.
- Frequently asked questions about the Local Install Source feature in Office 2003
Answers frequently asked questions about Local Install Source feature in Office 2003.
- How to understand the repair feature in Office 2003 and in Office XP
Explains how the repair feature works in Office 2003.
- Administrators can use Office policy templates with the Group Policy settings of Windows
Describes how to use the Office policy templates with the Group Policy settings of Windows if you are an administrator.
- Description of numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in Office 2003
Provides information about the numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in Office 2003.
- How to manage the Office 2003 templates in Office 2003 programs
Describes the location of templates in Microsoft Office 2003, how the Templates dialog box displays the available templates, and the registry settings that control where to find your custom templates.
- Sample code to import all database objects in Access
This article describes how you can use Data Access Objects (DAO) to import all objects from one Microsoft Access database into the current Access database. In some situations, this code can be used to recover database objects from a corrupted or...
- How To: Dismiss a Dialog Box Displayed by an Office Application with Visual Basic .NET
When you are automating an Office application from Visual Basic .NET, the Office application may display a dialog box. The dialog box causes the Visual Basic .NET application to appear to stop responding (hang) because the Visual Basic .NET application...
- Description of troubleshooting corruption in an Office Access 2003 database
Provides a list of reference to Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that may help you to resolve corruption in your database.
- How To Dismiss a Dialog Box Displayed by an Office Application with Visual Basic
When you are automating an Office application from Visual Basic (VB), the Office application may display a dialog box. The dialog box causes the Visual Basic application to appear to stop responding (or hang) because VB is waiting for the dialog box to...
- Btrieve ISAM is not available in Microsoft Access 2002 and in later versions of Access
Explains that Btrieve ISAM is no longer available in Microsoft Access 2002 and later versions of Access.