Excel 2003 Solution Center
how-to articles - Excel 2003
- How to contact a Microsoft Product Activation Center by phone
Provides steps on how to find a Microsoft Product Activation Center phone number.
- How to recover data from damaged workbooks in Excel
Discusses methods that you can use to recover information from damaged Excel workbooks. Lists references that discuss these methods in more detail.
- Method to determine whether a year is a leap year
Describes how to determine whether the year in a date that is used in an Excel document is a leap year.
- How to use the Histogram tool in Excel
Describes how to use the Histogram tool to create a histogram table in Microsoft Office Excel. This includes how to check whether the Analysis ToolPak Add-in is installed before you use the Histogram tool.
- Description of the startup switches for Excel
Describes the startup switches that Excel uses. You can use these switches to control the way that Excel starts.
- How to use a logical AND or OR in a SUM+IF statement in Excel
In Microsoft Excel, when you use the logical functions AND and/or OR inside a SUM+IF statement to test a range for more than one condition, it may not work as expected. A nested IF statement provides this functionality; however, this article discusses...
- Floating-point arithmetic may give inaccurate results in Excel
Discusses that floating-point arithmetic may give inaccurate results in Excel.
- How to Use VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP to find an exact match
The VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions contain an argument called range_lookup that allows you to find an exact match to your lookup value without sorting the lookup table. Note It is not necessary to sort the lookup table if you use the range_lookup...
- Description of how Excel determines the current mode of calculation
Discusses how Excel determines the calculation mode. You can change the caculation mode in the Tools menu. You can press SHIFT+F9 to recaculate the active sheet and press F9 to recaculate all open documents.
- How to use the "Find and Replace" dialog box in Excel
Describes how to use the "Find and Replace" dialog box in Excel 2002 and later.
- How to use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to change UserForms in Excel
Provides a detailed guide on how to use VBA to change UserForms in Excel 2003, Excel 2002, and Excel 2000. Introduces the basic principles and the usage of the most common events of UserForms in Excel. Includes VBA samples and macros.
- How to troubleshoot errors when you save Excel files
Describes how to troubleshoot issues that may occur when you try to save Excel files.
- How to use the "Insert Options" button in Excel
Describes how to use the "Insert Options" button in Excel.
- XL: How to Lock Individual Cells in a Worksheet
This article describes how to lock individual cells in a Microsoft Excel worksheet. The procedure to use depends on whether you want the majority of the cells on the worksheet to remain locked or unlocked. NOTE : If you lock a cell and protect the...
- Description of the Excel Viewer
Describes how to view Excel workbook files by using the Excel Viewer 2007, and explains that you do not have to install Excel. The Excel Viewer 2007 can be used to view workbooks that are created in versions of Excel from Excel 97 to Excel 2.
- How to find data in an Excel table
This step-by-step article describes how to find data in a table (or range of cells) by using various built-in functions in Microsoft Excel. You can use different formulas to get the same result. Create the Sample Worksheet This article uses a sample...
- How to select cells/ranges by using Visual Basic procedures in Excel
Describes how to use VBA macros or procedures to select cells, ranges, and named ranges in Excel. Includes some sample code.
- How to use the Paste Options button in Excel
Describes the functionality of the Paste Options button in Excel. When you paste data into cells in Excel, the Paste Options button appears below the pasted selection.
- How to use the Auto Fill Options button in Excel
When you fill in data based on adjacent cells by dragging the fill handle in Microsoft Excel, the button is displayed just below and to the right of your filled selection. When you click the button, a list of options appears that allows you to choose to...
- How to convert text to numbers in Excel
Describes how to convert cells that contain text to cells that contain numbers. This article describes some methods that assume that you have already changed any cell number formatting in the cells to General.
- How to assign a macro to an option button in Excel
Describes how to assign a macro to an option button from the Forms toolbar in Excel. The macro will then run when the option button is selected.
- How to use the INDEX and MATCH worksheet functions with multiple criteria in Excel
Describes how to use the INDEX and MATCH worksheet functions in Excel to find a value based on multiple criteria. This article also provides some examples to show how to perform this task.
- How to create a monthly calendar in Excel
Describes how to use a Microsoft Excel worksheet to create a monthly calendar. Sample Visual Basic procedures are included. Procedures help you to customize the calendar to meet your personal requirements.
- Excel: How to Find the Percentage of Change Between Values
In Microsoft Excel, there is no built-in function to calculate the percentage of change from one value to another. However, you can use the following formula to calculate the percentage change =( - )/ABS(original_value) where represents the value that...
- How to convert multiple rows and columns to columns and rows in Excel
Describes how to use a worksheet formula to convert data that spans multiple rows and columns to a database format (columnar). This article contains an example to show this process.