Excel 2004 for Mac Solution Center
Troubleshooting - Excel 2004 for Mac
- MS11-045: Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Excel could allow remote code execution: June 14, 2011
Resolves security vulnerabilities that exist in Microsoft Excel that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened
- Not all list items are displayed in the AutoFilter list in Excel
When you use the command in Microsoft Excel, the AutoFilter list may not display all the unique visible items in a column as expected.
- Excel for Mac closes unexpectedly or error "The application Microsoft Excel quit unexpectedly"
Discusses that Excel for Mac closes unexpectedly or that files experience formatting problems when you start the program. Provides a resolution for the problem.
- MS11-021: Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Excel could allow remote code execution: April 12, 2011
Resolves vulnerabilities in Excel that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened.
- Quick Preview is blank, the printer prints blank pages, or saved pdf is blank in Office for Mac applications
Describes a problem in which nothing is printed or can be previewed when you try to print to certain printers from an Office for Mac program. Additionally, when you save a file as a PDF, a blank document is produced.
- You receive an error message "An older version of the Microsoft Database Daemon is running" or "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library" after you install Office 2004 for Mac SP2
Describes a problem in which you receive an error message when you start Entourage for Mac, Excel 2004 for Mac, PowerPoint 2004 for Mac, or Word 2004 for Mac after you install Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- MS10-057: Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Excel could allow remote code execution
Resolves a security vulnerability that exists in the affected versions of Microsoft Excel that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened.
- Resolving conflicts unhides previously hidden worksheet in Excel for Mac
In Microsoft Excel, when you save a shared workbook and resolve conflicts in the workbook, worksheets that previously were hidden may become visible.
- "Invalid Picture" error message when you set the Picture property in Excel for Mac
You may receive one of the following error messages when you try to set the Picture property of a user form: -or-
- Find command doesn't work across Excel for Mac worksheets in group
When you use the Find dialog box to locate specific information, Microsoft Excel for Mac only finds occurrences of the value on the active worksheet (even if you have selected multiple worksheets that contain this information). If the information is...
- Macro with Find method results in compile error in Excel for Mac
When you run a Visual Basic for Applications macro in Microsoft Excel for Mac, you receive the following error message:
- Borders are printed black when "Black and White" is selected in the Page Setup dialog box in Excel for Mac
When you print in Microsoft Excel, all borders are printed black regardless of the color you used to format them. For example, a border formatted with white is printed black.
- Text or number converted to unintended number format in Excel
When you type a number in a cell, Microsoft Excel may automatically apply a built-in number format to the cell, based on the characteristics of the number.
- Chart window is larger than the screen and is not entirely visible
When you view a large chart by using the Chart Window option on the View menu, the chart window may be larger than the screen. As a result, not all of the chart is visible on your screen.
- Data maps are not supported in Excel for Mac
If you open a workbook that contains a data map, the data map is imported as a picture and appears in black and white. If you double-click the data map, you receive the following error message:
- No calculation occurs when an array formula includes a large range in Excel for Mac
When you use an array formula based on a very large range (For example, over 25 columns and 1,000 rows), Microsoft Excel for Mac does not return a result. The cells do not appear to calculate and the status bar displays "Calculating Cells 0%."...
- List does not expand to accept paste selection in Excel for Mac
When you attempt to copy and paste a selection into the New Row in a list object, you receive the following error message: When you clear this message, Excel may display the following alert: This behavior occurs under the following conditions: You...
- Computer beeps when you try to assign keyboard shortcuts to a menu command in Excel for Mac
When you try to assign a keyboard shortcut to a menu command, you may hear a beep. Additionally, you cannot assign the key combination.
- "Cannot open protected file" error message when you open password protected Lotus 1-2-3 WK3 or WK4 file in Excel for Mac
- Double underlines are printed as single thick underlines in Excel 2004 for Mac
Describes a problem printing with double underline formatting in a cell. The double underline prints as one thick line.
- You receive an error message when you try to open an Excel XML Spreadsheet document that contains a pivot table in Excel 2004 for Mac
Discusses the problem where you cannot open a XML Spreadsheet file in Excel 2004 for Mac.
- You cannot drag a grouped collection of objects from one window to another window in an Office for Mac program
Describes a problem in which you cannot drag a group of objects from one window to another in an Office for Mac program. This problem occurs when the group contains a movie. The movie must be moved separately.
- Description of the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.0.1 Update
The Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.0.1 Update includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of a computer's memory by using malicious code.
- How to troubleshoot font problems in Office for Mac programs
Describes the problem that you may have starting Office for Mac programs or opening an Office for Mac document.
- ;;; number format fails to hide cell contents in Excel for Mac
When you format a cell with the following number format ;;; the contents of the cell may still appear.