Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003
Troubleshooting - InfoPath 2003
- Description of the updates for Office 2003: March 14, 2006
Microsoft has released updates to the spelling checker for Microsoft Office 2003. These updates improve how Office 2003 programs find and correct errors in Dutch language documents.
- Description of the Office 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for the spelling checker in the Swedish version of Office 2003: January 11, 2005
Describes the spelling checker issue that is fixed in the Swedish version of Office 2003 by the Office 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated January 11, 2005.
- Description of InfoPath 2003 (German) hotfix package: March 12, 2004
Describes an issue where you receive a message dialog box that indicates that Macromedia Flash is required when you click the "Take a Tour of InfoPath" link in InfoPath 2003.
- Description of the InfoPath 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: June 16, 2006
Describes the InfoPath 2003 issues that are fixed in the InfoPath 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package that is dated June 16, 2006.
- BUG: "Access is denied" error message when you try to open a form with the ExternalApplication object in InfoPath 2003
Discusses the error message that occurs when you open an InfoPath form with the ExternalApplication object. As a workaround, you can use Windows Script Host component to open the form programmatically. Includes steps to reproduce the problem.
- When the Response.Charset property is set to NULL on an ASP.NET Web page, the source code of the Web page is returned instead of the Response content body if you try to open a form in Office InfoPath
Describes a problem that occurs when the Response.Charset property is set to null on an ASP.NET Web page. The source code of the Web page is returned instead of an InfoPath form.
- BUG: You may receive an error message, or the program may stop responding when you open a file in InfoPath 2007 or in InfoPath 2003
Describes why InfoPath may stop responding when you open a file. Also, you may receive an error message that is similar to the "InfoPath cannot create a new blank form" error message when you try to open a file in InfoPath 2003 Service Pack 1.
- Some of the text at the right margin of an InfoPath form does not print or does not appear in Print Preview
Describes a printing problem that may occur when you try to print an InfoPath form. The right margin cuts off part of the text that you expect to see. Four different workarounds are suggested.
- ActiveX controls that perform cross-domain data binding cannot be used in InfoPath
Describes a problem that occurs because InfoPath 2007 and InfoPath 2003 host ActiveX controls in the Internet security zone.
- When you try to install Office 2003 Service Pack 2, you receive a "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the windows installer service" error message, or the Setup program may not be completed, and you do not receive notification
Describes an issue that occurs when you try to install Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) for one of the Microsoft Office System 2003 programs. You receive an error message, or the Setup program may not be completed.
- MS08-052: Description of the security update for GDI+ for Office 2003: September 9, 2008
Resolves a security vulnerability that exists in Microsoft Office 2003. The security vulnerability could allow arbitrary code to run when you open a maliciously modified file.
- How to troubleshoot an update installation by using log files in Office 2003
Discusses techniques for interpreting the information in the log files when an Office 2003 update is not successfully installed.
- Description of the InfoPath 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: August 21, 2006
Describes the InfoPath 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package that is dated August 21, 2006. This hotfix fixes a problem that may occur when you open a form that contains an ink picture control.
- Description of the update for Office 2003: November 14, 2006
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2003 that fixes a problem in the Local Cache Cleanup Wizard plug-in for the Disk Cleanup Wizard. Some Office 2003 Setup files are deleted from the local installation source without user direction.
- You cannot automatically submit structured XML data to a Web service in InfoPath 2003
Discusses the problem that occurs when InfoPath tries to submit information to a Web service by using the built-in submit functionality. Resolution is to use a secondary data source or to create a custom SOAP message. Includes steps to reproduce.
- Problems may occur when you try to integrate an InfoPath 2003 Form with BizTalk 2002
Discusses the problems that occur when you try to use InfoPath 2003 to submit XML data to BizTalk 2002 Server. The InfoPath 2003 XML data is incompatible with BizTalk 2002 if the XML data is not modified. Two resolutions are provided.
- InfoPath may crash when you repeatedly click button controls that change form content
Describes problems that may occur when you try to fill out an InfoPath form. The application may crash with an access violation. The problem is caused by Mshtml.dll that is used by InfoPath to display a form. A workaround is provided.
- XML files may open in Internet Explorer instead of opening in the expected Office program when the ContentType header contains the charset parameter
Discusses a problem that occurs when the ContentType header contains the charset parameter. Your XML file may open in Internet Explorer instead of opening in the expected Office program.
- You cannot create a form from a Web service that returns an ADO.NET dataset in InfoPath 2003
Describes a limitation with Office InfoPath. InfoPath cannot use the XML data that is returned by an ADO.NET dataset. You can work around this problem by using Visual C# .NET. Two workarounds are described.
- The CreateObject function or the ActiveXObject function may generate a script error in InfoPath
Discusses an error message that occurs when you run a VBScript function or a JScript function in an InfoPath form and the module of the function automates another ActiveX server object. This problem occurs because the form is not fully trusted.
- InfoPath 2007 and InfoPath 2003 cannot correctly generate a form when a WSDL file uses definitions with a type reference
Discusses a problem that occurs when you generate a schema from a WSDL file. The correct XSD code is not generated when a part has a type reference in InfoPath 2007 and in InfoPath 2003.
- Operations on DOM nodes take a long time when you process a very large amount of data in InfoPath
Describes a workaround for the problem that occurs when operations on DOM nodes take a long time.
- You receive "A picture control must be bound to a non-repeating field with a picture data type" error message when you try to embed a picture control in InfoPath 2007 or in InfoPath 2003
Describes a problem that occurs in InfoPath 2007 or in InfoPath 2003. You cannot add a picture control to a non-repeating field in a repeating group in an InfoPath form.
- Some fields are not displayed when you try to create a data connection from an Office InfoPath form to a list on a Windows SharePoint Services site
Describes the problem where fields that are formatted as rich text are not displayed when you create a data connection to a Windows SharePoint Services site.
- Expression box may return incorrect results for mathematical expressions in InfoPath 2003 or in InfoPath 2007
Discusses the incorrect results that you may receive when you add an expression box. This occurs when you add an expression box that evaluates a mathematical expression that involves decimal numbers. Includes the steps to reproduce the problem.