InfoPath 2003 Solution Center
how-to articles - InfoPath 2003
- How to use script for cascading deletes in tables that have a master/detail relationship in InfoPath
Provides code sample and instructions to delete detail items that are linked by key field to a master item that is deleted.
- How to encode and decode a file attachment programmatically by using Visual C# in InfoPath 2003
Introduces how to encode and decode a file attachment by using Visual C# in InfoPath 2003. Contains link to information for later versions.
- How to use a script or a secondary data source field for conditional formatting in InfoPath
Describes how to use a script or a field in a secondary data source for a conditional formatting expression in an InfoPath form.
- How to bind a Rich Text Box control to an element that is returned from a Web service in InfoPath and Visual Studio .NET 2003
Describes the steps to bind a Rich Text Box control on an InfoPath form to an XML element that is returned from a Web service. Applies to InfoPath and Visual Studio .NET 2003. After you create the Web service, you create the InfoPath form.
- How to debug a script for a InfoPath form
Describes how to stop code execution in an InfoPath form. You want to do this so you can debug a script for an InfoPath form. Includes steps to install the Web Debugging feature.
- How to distribute an InfoPath 2003 form template to offline users in Office InfoPath 2003
Describes four methods that you can use to distribute InfoPath form templates to offline users. You can use cached files. You can publish the form to a null location. You can use a URN-based reference. You can also send the form as an attachment.
- How to work with stored procedures by using script in an InfoPath form
Provides step-by-step instructions how to create an InfoPath form that displays the results of a parameterized stored procedure. After you create a new form from a data source, you design a query, and then test the form.
- How to dynamically populate a drop-down list by calling a Web service in InfoPath
Describes how to call a Web service to dynamically populate a drop-down list that is based on the selection in a second drop-down list. To do this, you can use a script in InfoPath. You can use the data filter feature in InfoPath.
- How to put an image on a button in InfoPath 2003 or in InfoPath 2007
Describes how to build a sample form with a single Button. Also describes how to put a .gif file image on that Button and how to edit the Button to make the Button appear the way you want it to appear.
- How to change the URL of a Web service in InfoPath 2003
Describes how to modify the URL of a Web service that is used as a data source for an InfoPath form. Create a simple Web service. Create a new form from the Web service. Change the URL of the Web service.
- You must install other Office applications to use some features in InfoPath
Explains that some of the features of InfoPath depend on other applications from the Office System. To use these features, you must install the required applications.
- How to dynamically load data in an InfoPath form
Describes how to dynamically load data in an InfoPath form. This article discusses three methods that you can use to load data.
- How to programmatically change the default view of an InfoPath form
Provides step-by-step instructions about how to change the default view of an InfoPath form in InfoPath 2010, InfoPath 2007, and InfoPath 2003. After you create a new view on a new form, you add script and then test the form.
- It may take a long time to start InfoPath 2003 after you install InfoPath 2003 Service Pack 1
Discusses an issue where it takes longer than expected to start InfoPath 2003 after you install Service Pack 1. Also provides information about how to migrate cached solutions if you have to.
- How to create a custom validation error message that contains the name of the control that is being validated in InfoPath
Describes the steps to create an inline error message from the user interface or from a script. The inline message has a custom error message that contains the name of the control in case there is a validation error.
- Information about the ability to uninstall Office updates
Provides information about how to remove Microsoft Office updates. The ability to remove Office updates was added to certain Office updates that are dated July 12, 2005 and later.
- How to turn off automatic spelling checking and automatic grammar checking in Office programs
Describes how to turn off automatic spelling checking and automatic grammar checking in different Office programs, such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, InfoPath, and FrontPage.
- How to check the version of Office 2003 products
This article describes how to determine the exact version of your Microsoft Office 2003 product. It also provides version numbers for the original release and subsequent service packs.
- How to use wildcard characters in an InfoPath form query when binding to an ADO data source
Describes how you can use scripting in InfoPath to use wildcard characters in an SQL query.
- Information to consider before you install Office 2003 Service Pack 1 on a computer that has the InfoPath 2003 Service Pack 1 Preview installed
Describes the information that you must consider before you install Office 2003 SP1 on a computer that has InfoPath 2003 SP1 Preview installed.
- How to submit an InfoPath form to a Windows SharePoint Services document library
Describes how to design a form template that uses script to submit form data to a Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) document library. This article also discusses how to submit form data to a WSS document library by using the UI in InfoPath 2003 SP1.
- Microsoft Security Advisory: Vulnerability in Microsoft SharePoint could cause elevation of privilege
Provides a link to Microsoft Security Advisory (983438): Vulnerability in Microsoft SharePoint could cause elevation of privilege.
- Description of the Office updates: June 8, 2010
Lists the Office updates that are released on June 8, 2010.
- How to understand the repair feature in Office 2003 and in Office XP
Explains how the repair feature works in Office 2003.
- Description of the update for Office 2003: December 9, 2008
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2003. This update fixes the issue where an Office 2003 update installation is unsuccessful if the Office Source Engine service (Ose.exe) is disabled.