Support for Microsoft Outlook 2003
how-to articles - Outlook 2003
- How to use the recall message feature in Outlook
Describes how to use the Recall This Message feature in Outlook to recall, replace, or delete messages that you have sent. This article lists several limitations about how to use the recall message feature, including one that is specific to using Cached...
- How to setup Internet email accounts in Outlook 2007 or 2003
Provides detailed steps to configure the Internet e-mail information service. Describes how to transfer Internet e-mail in Outlook.
- Limits to using personal folders (.pst) files over LAN and WAN links
Explains why .pst files (which store messages locally) are typically unsupported over a LAN or WAN link. To resolve this issue, you can use Exchange Server with an .ost file or Terminal Services instead. An exception in which Outlook 2010 is hosted...
- How to create and configure email profiles in Outlook
Provides steps for how to configure Outlook 2010, Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2007 to start by using a specific profile. The article also explains how to configure Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 to prompt you for a specific email profile when you start.
- How to configure the size limit for both (.pst) and (.ost) files in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and in Outlook 2003
Explains how to configure the size limit for both .pst and .ost files in Outlook. The article lists four registry entries that you can use to limit the size of both the .pst and the .ost files.
- How to use the Internet Free/Busy feature in Outlook
Internet Free/Busy (IFB) is a feature of Microsoft Outlook that allows you to see when others are free or busy so that you can efficiently schedule meetings. Outlook users have the option to publish their free/busy information to a user-specified...
- Configure Outlook to connect to an MSN email account
Provides information and video solution on how you can configure Outlook to connect to an MSN email account.
- How to use Inbox Repair tool to repair pst file in Outlook
Describes how to find the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) that is designed to repair the personal folder (.pst) files.
- How to use the Inbox Repair tool to recover email messages in Outlook
Provides an overview of the Inbox Repair Tool (the Scanpst.exe file). Shows how to diagnose and repair errors, recover repaired items and create backups of .pst and .ost files.
- Description of common scenarios in which Calendar information may be removed from the Calendar or may be inaccurate
Describes of common scenarios in which Calendar information is deleted from the Calendar or Calendar items become out of date. Includes best practices for working with meeting information.
- How to troubleshoot missing and duplicate appointments in Outlook
This article discusses the recommended steps for analyzing and troubleshooting missing or duplicate appointments when you are using Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- How to configure how the Offline Address Book is downloaded when you use Outlook in Cached Exchange Mode
Describes how the DownloadOAB registry value controls the way that the Offline Address Book is downloaded when you use Outlook in Cached Exchange Mode. You can change this value to configure how Offline Address Book is downloaded.
- How use the in the Custom Installation Wizard to add and to customize Outlook user profile account information
Describes how to add and to customize your user profile account information by using the Custom Installation Wizard in Outlook.
- How to troubleshoot Information Rights Management in Outlook
Explains how to troubleshoot problems when you cannot assign permissions to an e-mail message or you cannot view e-mail messages. Provides several methods to resolve the problems that may occur when you use and install IRM with Outlook.
- How to deploy customized Outlook 2003 security settings to client computers by using the "Outlook virus security settings" Group Policy setting
Discusses how to use the "Outlook virus security settings" Group Policy setting to deploy a registry subkey that forces client computers to look to the Outlook Security Settings public folder on your Microsoft Exchange server.
- Support WebCast: Overview of Outlook 2003 Service Pack 2
Thursday, October 06, 2005: 10:00 A.M. Pacific time: Discusses new Outlook features that are included in Office 2003 SP2. Previews updated junk e-mail functionality, changes to Calendar meeting processing, and so on.
- Support WebCast: Offline Address Book Version 4 in Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP2
<strong><em>Wednesday, October 26, 2005: 10:00 A.M. Pacific time: </em></strong> Discusses the Offline Address Book Version 4 features and improvements. This version was introduced in Microsoft Outlook 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- How to reset the nickname and the automatic completion caches in Outlook
Provides the steps to reset the Outlook nickname cache for computers that are running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 98 if the nickname cache is corrupted and Outlook cannot...
- Support WebCast: New features in the Business Contact Manager Update for Office 2003
<strong><em>Tuesday, October 11, 2005: 10:00 A.M. Pacific time: </em></strong> Describes new features in the Business Contact Manager Update for Office 2003. Discusses system requirements, technical overview, database sharing, and so on.
- How to change the publishing settings for free and busy information on Outlook client computers by using Group Policy
Describes how to publish free and busy information for all the users in a domain by using Group Policy.
- How to change the Cancel Request dialog box behavior in Outlook
Describes the Cancel Request feature in Outlook that can notify users when the connection to Exchange is delayed. Discusses how to suppress the Cancel Request dialog box or change the time-out value by editing the registry or by using a group policy.
- How to install updates to an administrative installation of Office 2003
Describes how to download and install updates to administrative installations of Office 2003.
- How to change the product key for Office XP, for Office 2003, and for the 2007 Office system
Describes how to change the product key for Office XP, for Office 2003, and for 2007 Office programs and suites.
- How to configure Outlook to receive e-mail messages from an IMAP server
Explains how to configure Outlook to connect to an Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP4) server. IMAP4 protocol uses port 25 SMTP to send messages an IMAP4 server uses port 143 to listen for messages.
- How to turn off e-mail matching for certificates in Outlook
When you send a secure message in Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, in Microsoft Outlook 2002, or in Microsoft Outlook 2000, you may need to use a certificate that does not match your e-mail...