Support for Microsoft Outlook 2003
how-to articles - Outlook 2003
- How to turn on the Enable Mail Logging option for troubleshooting in Outlook
Explains how to turn on the Enable Mail Logging option in Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003. This option helps you troubleshoot your email accounts.
- How to use Inbox Repair tool to repair pst file in Outlook
Describes how to find the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) that is designed to repair the personal folder (.pst) files.
- How to find and run the Inbox Repair tool in Outlook
Describes how to find the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) that is designed to repair the personal folder (.pst) files. The Inbox Repair tool is included on the first Office 2000 CD-ROM.
- How to manage .pst files in Microsoft Outlook
Describes how to back up Outlook data. This includes how to back up, export, import personal folders (.pst) file data. Also describes how to back up Personal Address Books, Outlook Settings Files and data on an Exchange Server.
- How to enable transport logging in Outlook
Explains how to enable logging of the communications that occur between Outlook and various types of e-mail servers in plain text format. Lists the location of the log file on different operating systems.
- The Print command is missing when you select multiple attachments in Outlook
Describes how to print multiple attachments in Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2002.
- Configure Outlook to connect to an MSN email account
Provides information and video solution on how you can configure Outlook to connect to an MSN email account.
- How can I recover items that I have "hard deleted" in Outlook?
Describes how to recover items that are "hard deleted" permanently deleted instead of being moved to the Deleted Items folder in Outlook.
- How to copy Outlook Calendar items from one folder to another
In Microsoft Office Outlook, you cannot copy all the items in a Calendar folder when you right-click the folder, you click Copy Calendar , and then you paste in another top-level folder. Instead, this method creates a new subfolder under the destination...
- How to use the Internet Free/Busy feature in Outlook
Internet Free/Busy (IFB) is a feature of Microsoft Outlook that allows you to see when others are free or busy so that you can efficiently schedule meetings. Outlook users have the option to publish their free/busy information to a user-specified...
- How to share contacts between Outlook profiles
Describes how to share Outlook contacts with different Outlook profiles. You can apply the concepts in this article to other Outlook components, such as the calendar and mail.
- How to use vCalendar in Outlook
Discusses how to create, to distribute, and to process a vCalendar file in Outlook.
- How to turn off e-mail matching for certificates in Outlook
When you send a secure message in Microsoft Outlook 2013, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2002, or in Microsoft Outlook 2000, you may need to use a certificate that does not match...
- Support WebCast: Offline Address Book Version 4 in Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP2
<strong><em>Wednesday, October 26, 2005: 10:00 A.M. Pacific time: </em></strong> Discusses the Offline Address Book Version 4 features and improvements. This version was introduced in Microsoft Outlook 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- How to setup Internet email accounts in Outlook 2007 or 2003
Provides detailed steps to configure the Internet e-mail information service. Describes how to transfer Internet e-mail in Outlook.
- Description of the AutoArchive feature in Outlook
Discusses the AutoArchive feature in Outlook. Explains the difference between archiving and exporting items. You are also given the steps to turn on the AutoArchive feature and how to set the AutoArchive properties for a folder.
- How to use Outlook policy to control credential prompts when connecting to an Exchange Server mailbox
This article discusses how to use a policy to control whether users are prompted for credentials when Microsoft Outlook connects to a Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox.
- Export Windows Live Mail email, contacts, and calendar data to Outlook
Explains how you can export email messages from Windows Live Mail into Outlook 2010, into Outlook 2007, and into Outlook 2003.
- How to deploy multiple Office products in a single installation in Office 2003
Discusses how to deploy (or to chain) additional .msi packages or .exe files during the installation of Office 2003. Describes how to chain Windows Installer or non-Windows Installer products.
- Information about running multiple versions of Office with Office 2003
Describes the problems that you may experience if you run multiple versions of Microsoft Office.
- List of some programming resources for Visual Basic programming in Office 2003
Provides a list of resources that are available to help you learn VB programming in Office 2003. It includes online help, object browser, MS Press books, KB articles, newsgroups, and other Web resources.
- Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 only use TCP/IP or HTTP protocol bindings connecting to an Exchange Server
Explains that only the TCP/IP or HTTP remote procedure call bindings are supported by Outlook when it connects to a server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server.
- How to export email messages from Windows Mail & Outlook Express into Outlook.
Provides a step-by-step guideline about how to export the e-mail messages from Windows Mail for Vista & Outlook Express into Outlook.
- Limits to using personal folders (.pst) files over LAN and WAN links
Explains why .pst files (which store messages locally) are typically unsupported over a LAN or WAN link. To resolve this issue, you can use Exchange Server with an .ost file or Terminal Services instead. An exception in which Outlook 2010 is hosted...
- How to use the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook
Describes how to use the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook. This includes how to check whether you have an exchange account and links to articles to help you emulate the Out of Office Assistant.