Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
how-to articles - PowerPoint 2003
- How to restore the display of image objects and of drawing objects in PowerPoint 2010, in PowerPoint 2007, and in PowerPoint 2003
Describes how to restore the display of the objects in PowerPoint presentation files.
- How to deploy multiple Office products in a single installation in Office 2003
Discusses how to deploy (or to chain) additional .msi packages or .exe files during the installation of Office 2003. Describes how to chain Windows Installer or non-Windows Installer products.
- How to open new file formats in earlier versions of Microsoft Office
Describes the installation requirements to open and save files that are in the Open XML Formats by using earlier versions of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Information about running multiple versions of Office with Office 2003
Describes the problems that you may experience if you run multiple versions of Microsoft Office.
- List of some programming resources for Visual Basic programming in Office 2003
Provides a list of resources that are available to help you learn VB programming in Office 2003. It includes online help, object browser, MS Press books, KB articles, newsgroups, and other Web resources.
- How to install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack so that you can open and save Office Open XML formats in earlier versions of Microsoft Office
Describes how to install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack to make sure that you can open and save Office Open XML formats in earlier versions of Microsoft Office.
- How passwords work with PowerPoint Show (.pps and .ppsx) files
Explains how you can apply passwords to help protect your PowerPoint Show (.pps) files. Also explains the available password setting options.
- How to change the resolution of a slide that you export as a picture in PowerPoint
Describes how to export slides as pictures with a different resolution dots-per-inch (the dpi settings) from PowerPoint. Requires that you add a new registry value to the registry to enable this functionality.
- Description of Office features that are intended to enable collaboration and that are not intended to increase security
Describes features in Office products that enable specific collaboration scenarios and features that are designed to help make your documents and files more secure.
- How to play media clips in PowerPoint by using Windows Media Player
Describes how to play media clips in PowerPoint by using Windows Media Player
- How to find the installation path of an Office application
This article demonstrates how to use the Windows Installer to find the installation path of Microsoft Office applications.
- List of command line switches for PowerPoint 2003 Viewer
Describes the command line switches for PowerPoint 2003 Viewer and explains how to use each switch. You can use Viewer to run presentations on computers where PowerPoint is not installed.
- How to install updates to an administrative installation of Office 2003
Describes how to download and install updates to administrative installations of Office 2003.
- How to change the product key for Office XP, for Office 2003, and for the 2007 Office system
Describes how to change the product key for Office XP, for Office 2003, and for 2007 Office programs and suites.
- How to package and copy a presentation to a CD in PowerPoint 2003
Provides step-by-step instructions about how to record presentations and supporting files to a CD in PowerPoint 2003.
- How to add a Shockwave Flash control to a slide in PowerPoint
Explains that how to add a Macromedia Shockwave Flash ActiveX control to a slide in PowerPoint and connect the control to the Shockwave Flash Animation file. Only PowerPoint 97 and later can use ActiveX controls.
- You cannot specify some color values by using the Pantone system in Office programs
Explains that you cannot use the Pantone system to specify some color values in Office programs. Provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support.
- How to obtain a volume license key for enterprise editions of Office 2010, the 2007 Office system, and Office 2003
Describes how to obtain a volume license key for enterprise editions of Office 2010, the 2007 Office system, and Office 2003 System products.
- How to change the company name and user name in Office 2003
Explains how to change the name of the company in Office 2003 after setup by modifying the Windows registry. Explains how to change the user name information.
- Setup or repair quits unexpectedly with no error message when you try to setup or to repair Office 2007 or Office 2003
Describes a problem where the installation setup or repair quits unexpectedly and you do not receive an error message.
- Administrators can use Office policy templates with the Group Policy settings of Windows
Describes how to use the Office policy templates with the Group Policy settings of Windows if you are an administrator.
- How to configure the workgroup templates location during Office 2003 installation
Describes how to configure the workgroup templates location during Office 2003 installation.
- How to insert scanned images in Office 2007 and Office 2003 Programs
Provides a step-by-step guide to insert images in an Office 2007 and Office 2003 document by using a scanner.
- How to re-register PowerPoint 2000, PowerPoint 2003, PowerPoint 2007 and PowerPoint 2010
Explains how to run the PowerPoint Setup program or the Office Setup program to re-register PowerPoint to make sure that the PowerPoint keys are correct. The methods are different depending on what operating system your computer runs.
- Add-ins that are installed in PowerPoint 2002 are available to PowerPoint 2003, PowerPoint 2007, or to PowerPoint 2010
Describes a behavior that occurs because these versions of PowerPoint share a common Add-ins folder.