Support for Microsoft Office Word 2003
how-to articles - Word 2003
- How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word 2003 or Word 2002
Provides a guide to identify and resolve the problem that you experience using Word 2003 or Word 2002 by using the Troubleshoot Utility to turn off some components in Word. Explains how to install the support template.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Word
Lists the keyboard shortcuts available in Word 2010, Word 2007, Word 2003, and Word 2002.
- How to turn off AutoFormat options in Word
Describes how to turn off AutoFormat options in Microsoft Word 2010 and in earlier versions.
- How to send a Word document as an email message directly from Word
Describes how to send a document as an email message directly from Word. To do this, you must install an email program that supports the Send To command in Word.
- Description of the January 2010 update for Word 2003 and for Word 2007
Describes an update that removes a particular custom XML markup implementation in Word 2003 and in Word 2007.
- How to create table of contents entries without a page number in Word
Describes how to create table of contents entries without a page number and how to change an entry without a page number in Word 2010, Word 2007, Word 2003 and Word 2002. You have to know how to create a table of contents in Word.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word 2010, 2007, or 2003
Provides a guide to identify and resolve problems that you experience when you start Word 2010, 2007, or 2003 by using different troubleshooting steps.
- Discusses how the Normal.dot global template is found by Office Word 2003
Discusses the search order that Office Word 2003 uses to locate the Normal.dot template.
- How to troubleshoot printing problems in Word 2010, Word 2007 or Word 2003
Explains how to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you print some documents or print from some templates Word. Provides procedures to resolve the various issues.
- How to enable right-to-left language support for Word 2003 and Word 2002 on computers that are running on Windows Server 2003, on Windows XP, or on Windows 2000
Explains how to enable the support for right-to-left languages in Word 2003 and Word 2002 on computers that are running on Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000. Also explains the software requirements and benefits of this procedure.
- Several features that affect macros have been changed from Word 97 to Word 2003
Description of several changed features from Word 97 to Word 2003. These changes may affect the execution or result of your Word 97 macros when you run them in Word 2003.
- How to copy text and graphics from Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files
Describes how to copy text and graphics from Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. You cannot convert documents directly from Adobe PDF format to a Word document file. This article contains a link to the Adobe Support site.
- Frequently asked questions about the location of templates in Word 2003 or in Word 2007
Provides answers to frequently asked questions about the location of templates in Word 2003 or in Word 2007. Includes procedures for managing the functionality of Word templates.
- Description of Office Safe Mode for Word 2003 and Word 2002
Describes Office Safe Mode in Office and how Office Safe Mode affects Word 2003 and Word 2002. When word encounters startup problem, you can use Office Safe Mode to resolve or isolate the issue.
- How to move Word AutoCorrect entries between computers in Word 2003
Explains how to back up AutoCorrect entries on the source computer and how to restore them to the destination computer by using the AutoCorrect Utility.
- Utility to manage custom XML markup feature availability for customers in the United States and its territories
Describes the Microsoft Word Custom XML Markup Configuration Utility for the U.S. and its territories and how to use the utility to determine if Word 2007 or Word 2003 can read custom XML markup tags from XML-based files.
- How to number chapters, appendixes, and pages in documents that contain both chapter and appendix headings in Word
Describes how to use several different numbering systems in documents that contain both chapter headings and appendix headings. Requires that you do not to use the same heading style level in the headings.
- You receive the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data source
Discusses a problem that occurs where you receive a message when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data source.
- Troubleshooting guide for unwanted page breaks
This article describes how to troubleshoot page breaks that occur in a Word document at unexpected or unwanted locations. Note It is easier to view page breaks in normal view than print layout view. To switch to normal view, in Word 2000, Word 2002 and...
- How to print a range of pages in a multiple-section document in Word 2010, in Word 2007, and in Word 2003
Provides a guide to specify a page or a range of pages to be printed in a multiple-section document in Word.
- Office Application Custom Code Solutions
Assisting customers in the development of custom code solutions to resolve business application and or business automation challenges. (Potential products that this solution could be applied to are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Publisher)....
- How to add data to a ComboBox control or a ListBox control in Excel or Word
Describes how to populate a ComboBox control or a ListBox control. Explains how to link a combo box or list box to cells in an Excel worksheet and how to use a Visual Basic macro to populate a combo box or list box.
- How to create business cards in Microsoft Word
This article describes how to create and print business cards in Microsoft Word.
- How to use mail merge to create faxes in Word 2002 and in later versions of Word
Describes how to create faxes by using mail merge in Word 2002 and in later versions of Word. You can use this feature in Word to send the same fax message to multiple recipients.
- Description of the Office updates: June 8, 2010
Lists the Office updates that are released on June 8, 2010.