Word 2004 for Mac Solution Center
Troubleshooting - Word 2004 for Mac
- Word for Mac closes unexpectedly or error "The application Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly"
Discusses that Word for Mac closes unexpectedly or that files experience formatting problems when you start the program. Provides a resolution for the problem.
- When you try to insert a picture in a document in Word X for Mac or in Word 2004 for Mac, an empty box is inserted instead
Describes a behavior where, when you try to insert a picture in a Word X for Mac or Word 2004 for Mac document, a blank box is inserted instead.
- Quick Preview is blank, the printer prints blank pages, or saved pdf is blank in Office for Mac applications
Describes a problem in which nothing is printed or can be previewed when you try to print to certain printers from an Office for Mac program. Additionally, when you save a file as a PDF, a blank document is produced.
- You receive an error message "An older version of the Microsoft Database Daemon is running" or "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library" after you install Office 2004 for Mac SP2
Describes a problem in which you receive an error message when you start Entourage for Mac, Excel 2004 for Mac, PowerPoint 2004 for Mac, or Word 2004 for Mac after you install Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- MS10-056: Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Word could allow remote code execution
Resolves a security vulnerability that exists in Microsoft Word that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened.
- Office Address Book export contains extra Tab character in data records in Word for Mac
After you export the Office Address Book from Microsoft Entourage, and then the file is opened in Microsoft Word for Mac, the data records contain one more tab character than the header record. Because the tab characters are used to separate data...
- Envelopes Are Printed in the Opposite Direction or Upside Down in Word for Mac
When you print an envelope in Microsoft Word for Mac, the envelope may be printed in the opposite direction from what you expect, or it may be printed upside down.
- Justified Text Is Not Aligned Evenly on Lines with Footnote or Endnote Reference Marks in Word for Mac
When you print a document that is formatted with the Justify format, lines of text that contain footnote or endnote reference marks are not aligned correctly. Lines in the text that contain footnote or endnote reference marks may be shifted to the left...
- Page breaks incorrectly if you insert a continuous section break between footnotes in Word for Mac
If you insert a continuous section break between two footnotes that are formatted to appear at the bottom of the page, the page breaks incorrectly at the continuous section break. In other words, the continuous section break acts as a page break.
- You cannot freely move a picture in a Word for Mac document
Describes the issue where you cannot freely move a picture in a Word for Mac document.
- After Microsoft Word for Mac stops responding or after you use the Force Quit command to end a Word for Mac session, you may only recover some documents when you restart the program
Discusses how to recover lost documents when you use Word for Mac.
- You experience slow keyboard performance or slow screen update performance when you modify a table in a Word 2004 for Mac document
Describes a problem in which you experience slow keyboard performance or slow screen update performance when you modify a table in a Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac document. Provides a workaround for the problem.
- An AVI movie file that you copy from an Excel for Mac worksheet or from a PowerPoint for Mac presentation appears as a picture when you paste the AVI file into a Word 2004 for Mac document
Describes a problem in which an AVI movie file that is copied from an Excel for Mac worksheet or from a PowerPoint for Mac presentation appears as a picture when you paste the AVI file into a Word 2004 for Mac document.
- Description of the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.0.1 Update
The Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.0.1 Update includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of a computer's memory by using malicious code.
- In Word for Mac, items seem to be missing from the document window or extraneous characters are displayed
Items are missing from the document window or extra characters appear in Word for Mac. Describes how to resolve these problems.
- Footnote moved to next page in Word for Mac
Part or all of a footnote may be moved to the next page if it does not fit on the page on which the reference occurs.
- Language format is not available or is not applied to all parts of a document in Word for Mac
When you change the language format on the menu for only the body of your document by clicking on the menu, this change is not applied to headers, to footers, to text boxes, to footnotes, or to endnotes.
- Print margins for text document are outside the printable area of the page in Word for Mac
In Microsoft Word for Mac, when you open and then print a text file, the following error message appears: When you look at the margin settings, you find that the left and right margins are set to 0.25" (or 0.63 cm). NOTE : To view the margin settings,...
- Menu or submenu appears dimmed or does not appear when selected in Office for Mac programs
In the programs that are listed in the "Applies To" section, when you click a menu or point to a submenu, the menu may not appear, may be unavailable, or the commands on the menu may not appear or respond.
- The version information does not appear in a Word for Mac document that you open in Word 2001 or in Word 98
When you open a Microsoft Word for Mac document in Microsoft Word 2001 or Microsoft Word 98, version information for that document does not appear as expected when you click Versions on the File menu. Note When you open the document in Word for Mac,...
- Scrolling stops when you drag an object to a new location in Word for Mac
When you drag an object from one position on a page to a new area or page that is not visible on screen, scrolling may stop before you get to the position that you want. If you keep moving the mouse, scrolling continues but it may be jerky.
- When You Switch Views in the "List Recipients by" List Box in Word for Mac, All Categories and Contacts Are Selected
When you select contact records or categories in the Query Options dialog box in the Data Merge Manager, and then you select either the view or the view in the list box, your selections are reset to the default setting of all contact records, and...
- The Office Address Book Is Empty in Word and Excel After You Upgrade to Office for Mac
If you try to use the Office Address Book after you upgrade to any of the programs listed in the "Applies To" section, the Office Address Book may be empty. Entries that existed before you upgraded may no longer be visible.
- How to troubleshoot font problems in Office for Mac programs
Describes the problem that you may have starting Office for Mac programs or opening an Office for Mac document.
- When you try to use the Spelling Checker on some documents or presentations in Office for Mac, you receive an error message
Describes an issue that occurs where you cannot use the Spelling Checker on some documents or presentations in Office for Mac.