Outlook 2002 Solution Center
how-to articles - Outlook 2002
- "Send Time" time stamp information is incorrect when you send a delayed delivery message in Outlook
Describes an issue in Outlook. When you send a delayed message, the "Send Time" time stamp information is the composed time instead of the sent time. This is by design. Outlook can delay a message's delivery from 1 minute to several weeks.
- Limits to using personal folders (.pst) files over LAN and WAN links
Explains why .pst files (which store messages locally) are typically unsupported over a LAN or WAN link. To resolve this issue, you can use Exchange Server with an .ost file or Terminal Services instead. An exception in which Outlook 2010 is hosted...
- How to use the Internet Free/Busy feature in Outlook
Internet Free/Busy (IFB) is a feature of Microsoft Outlook that allows you to see when others are free or busy so that you can efficiently schedule meetings. Outlook users have the option to publish their free/busy information to a user-specified...
- Items that are deleted from a shared mailbox go to the wrong folder in Outlook
When using one of the Microsoft Outlook products listed at the beginning of this article, you delete items from a Mailbox folder of another user where you have deletion privileges, and the deleted items go into your Deleted Items folder rather than...
- How to turn off e-mail matching for certificates in Outlook
When you send a secure message in Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, in Microsoft Outlook 2002, or in Microsoft Outlook 2000, you may need to use a certificate that does not match your e-mail...
- Delivery receipts and read receipts in Outlook
Describes two features in Outlook that allow you to specify how you want to respond to requests for read receipts and delivery receipts.
- How to manage.pst files in Outlook 2007, in Outlook 2003, and in Outlook 2002
Describes how to back up Outlook data. This includes how to back up, export, import personal folders (.pst) file data. This also includes how to back up Personal Address Books, Outlook Settings Files and data on an Exchange Server.
- How to use the Inbox Repair Tools to recover e-mail messages in Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2007
Provides an overview of the Inbox Repair Tool (the Scanpst.exe file).
- How to configure MSN to work with Outlook
This article describes methods to configure Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2002 to connect to a Microsoft Network, also known as MSN, e-mail account. To use these methods, you have to have Outlook installed on your computer and you have to have...
- How to manage multiple Exchange mailbox accounts in Outlook
Describes how to access all of your accounts on the same Exchange Server server without having to log on separately to each account in Outlook.
- Rules may become corrupted when you access them from multiple versions of Outlook
Describes why rules may become corrupted when you are using more than one version of Outlook. You must upgrade all versions or use the latest version to configure the rules.
- You receive the"0x800CCC69 SMTP_550_MAILBOX_NOT_FOUND" error message or the “503 Sender already specified” error message when you try to send an e-mail message in Outlook Express or in Outlook on a computer that is running Windows XP Home Edi...
Discusses a solution for an issue in Outlook or Outlook Express where you may not be able to send e-mail messages.
- How to change the default location that Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2002 uses to create or to open a personal folders (.pst) file
Describes how to change the default location that Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2002 uses to create or open a personal folders (*.pst) file.
- How to change the Send/Receive settings and the frequency that the Outlook Connector for MSN synchronizes in Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003
Describes how to change the polling interval (sync) for the Outlook Connector for a user’s MSN accounts and how to disable the Send/Receive activity in Outlook.
- When you view a calendar in Outlook, the free or busy information may not appear
Describes the problem that occurs when when you schedule meetings in Outlook and you cannot access the free information or busy information from MSN Hotmail calendars.
- How to export e-mail messages from Windows Mail & Outlook Express into Outlook.
Provides a step-by-step guideline about how to export the e-mail messages from Windows Mail for Vista & Outlook Express into Outlook.
- How to make Outlook the default mail client
Provides a step-by-step guideline about how to change Outlook to your default mail client.
- How to troubleshoot Outlook when you cannot send or receive e-mail
Explains how to troubleshoot common Outlook configuration problems by using the Internet e-mail services.
- How to set the location of an archive .pst file in Outlook
Describes two methods about how to set the location of an archive .pst file in Outlook. The first method illuminates how to use Custom Installation Wizard to create a .prf file. The second method shows how to create a basic .prf file.
- The attendee list replication process when you move a meeting request from Exchange to Hotmail or to MSN in Outlook 2002 and in Outlook 2003
Describes the replication process when you move an Exchange meeting attendee list to a Hotmail or MSN account in an Outlook profile.
- The size of a digitally signed and encrypted e-mail message grows when you create, forward, or reply to a digitally signed and encrypted e-mail message in Outlook or in Outlook Express
Describes the fact that the size of a digitally signed and encrypted e-mail message grows when you create, forward, or reply to a digitally signed and encrypted e-mail message in Outlook or in Outlook Express.
- How to start Outlook in a minimized state
Describes how to start Outlook in a minimized state. This includes how to start Outlook in a minimized state from the desk shortcut and how to start Outlook in a minimized state when you start Windows.
- How to import addresses from Outlook Express to Outlook
Explains how to share information between Outlook Express and Outlook. You may use the Outlook import and export wizard to import the WAB or to drag the address information to Outlook.
- How to manage a .pst file for two different computers in Outlook
Describes how to automatically synchronize personal folders (.pst) files between two different computers in Outlook 2002. This article discusses several methods to make your Outlook have this capability.
- How to compact PST and OST files to eliminate deleted item space in Outlook
Describes how to eliminate deleted item space and recover room on your hard disk. You can compact your personal folders (.pst) files or offline store (.ost) files in Outlook.
Related Office XP Web Sites