Outlook 2002 Solution Center
Download details - Outlook 2002
- Personal folder files and database files are unsupported on a home network that uses Windows Home Server
Discusses the types of files and programs that are not supported over a home network that uses Windows Home Server.
- Oversized PST and OST crop tool
When you start Microsoft Outlook or try to open a personal folders (.pst) file or an offline folders (.ost) file, you may receive the following error message: where <file_path> is the path to the .pst file. If you run the Inbox Repair Tool...
- Microsoft products do not reflect Australian daylight saving time changes for the year 2006
Describes how some Microsoft products do not accommodate the change for daylight saving time transition end dates in some Australian states.
- Description of the Office updates: September 14, 2010
Lists the Office updates that are released on September 14, 2010.
- MS11-029: Vulnerability in GDI+ could allow remote code execution: April 12, 2011
Resolves a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows GDI+ that could allow remote code execution if a user viewed a specially crafted image file by using affected software or browsed a website that contains specially crafted content.
- Description of the critical update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2
Resolves a problem that can prevent the original versions of some MS04-028 security updates, released on September 14, 2004, from installing correctly.
- Considerations for server-side Automation of Office
Developers can use Automation in Microsoft Office to build custom solutions that use the capabilities and the features that are built into the Office product. Although such programmatic development can be implemented on a client system with relative...
- Authentication fails when you use Outlook or Outlook Express to try to log on to an HTTP-based mail server if you use Internet Explorer
Describes a hotfix that resolves the problem when authentication fails when you try to log on to a HTTP server in Outlook or Outlook Express when you are using Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8.
- Description of the Office updates: July 13, 2010
Lists the Office updates that are released on July 13, 2010.
- The custom form of a meeting request is not used in the recipients' calendar in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
Fixes an issue in which the custom form is removed in the recipients' calendar when you send a meeting request that includes a custom form in an Exchange Server 2007 environment.
- MS08-015: Vulnerability in Microsoft Outlook could allow remote code execution
Resolves a reported vulnerability in Microsoft Outlook that could allow remote code execution.
- When you send and receive e-mail messages by using a POP3 e-mail account, you receive one of the following error messages: “0x8004210A” “0x800CCC0B” or “0x8004210B”
Discusses a problem in which you receive an error message when you send and receive e-mail messages by using a POP3 e-mail account.
- Description of Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Lists the known issues and the fixed issues of installing Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). Explains how to download and install the client update and administrative update, and how to determine whether Office XP SP2 is installed on your computer.
- Description of the Office XP security update: October 12, 2004
Describes the issues that are fixed in the Office XP security update that is dated October 12, 2004.
- Description of the Dutch spelling checker for the Dutch version of Office XP post-Service Pack 3 and the Dutch Office XP Multilingual User Interface post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 9, 2005
Describes the release of the Dutch Spell Checker for the Dutch version of Office XP post-Service Pack 3 and the Dutch Office XP Multilingual User Interface post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that are dated December 9, 2005.
- Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
Describes how to obtain and install Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) in addition to the issues that are fixed in this service pack.
- OL2002: The WebViewOn Property Does Not Display Home Page
You use the WebViewOn property in the Outlook object model, but it does not display a home page that is associated with a folder.
- Outlook 2002 does not process attachments after the OnWritePattToSzFile() method returns S_OK
Describes a bug that Outlook does not process attachments after the OnWritePattToSzFile method returns S_OK. The resolution is available in Office XP Service Pack 1.
- You Can Sign Office Documents with Encryption-Only Certificates and Other Non-Document-Signing Certificates
You can successfully add a digital signature to a Microsoft Office XP document, although the digital certificate was not specifically created to sign documents.
- Availability of the Windows Desktop Search: Add-in for Outlook saved mail (.msg file) indexing
Describes the availability of the Microsoft Outlook MSG iFilter Add-in for Microsoft Windows Desktop Search.
- Jet 4.0 data engine update fixes issues that may occur on a Windows XP-based computer
Describes an update for the issues that you may experience on a Windows XP-based computer. You experience these issues when you use an operating system language that is not supported by the Jet 4.0 database engine.
- MS06-062: Vulnerabilities in Office could allow remote code execution
Resolves several newly discovered, privately reported vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution.
- MS08-055: Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office could allow remote code execution
Resolves a vulnerability in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user clicks a specially crafted OneNote URL (onenote://).
- You cannot log on to Exchange 2000 Server with UPN logon method
Describes an issue where you cannot use the UPN logon method when you log on to Exchange 2000 Server with Outlook 2002 or with Outlook 2000. Requires you to obtain latest service pack for Office XP to resolve this problem.
- OL2002: You Cannot Edit a Task in TaskPad in the Calendar View
When you create a new task, with a custom field, in the Task view, you may not be able to edit that task in the Calendar view. The task appears in the Calendar view, but you may not be able to type an entry in the TaskPad.