System Center Configuration Manager Solution Center
Download details - Systems Management Server 2003
- You receive a "0x80041001 - Generic failure" error message when you query SMS_Program in Systems Management Server 2003
Updates the SMS Provider to prevent the 0x80041001 error message when you use the SMS Administrator Console or other tools to query the WMI SMS Program class (SMS_Program).
- Run Advertised Programs displays only eight categories on a System Management Server 2003 Advanced Client
Fixes a problem in SMS 2003 where the SMS 2003 Advanced Client displays only the first eight categories that are defined for advertised programs.
- The SMS 2003 Administrator Console stops responding when you connect to a SMS 2.0 site server
Fixes a problem that occurs when you try to use the SMS 2003 administrative console to manage a SMS 2.0 site. When you try to expand the SMS 2.0 site, the console stops responding.
- "Windows User Account name you entered is invalid" error when you try to specify a user or a group name in Systems Management Server 2003
Updates SMS 2003 to allow you enter a user or a group name that is greater than 20 characters in the SMS Administrator Console.
- A backlog in schedule.box slows performance and delays site-to-site communication in SMS
Fixes a problem where the SMS Schedule.box folder is full of job files that cannot be processed.
- "This program is currently not available" error when you try to manually run an advertised program in Systems Management Server 2003
Corrects a problem in the SMS 2003 Advanced Client where advertised programs do not run after a long logon script is completed.
- You cannot access Systems Management Server Advanced Client items in Control Panel in Windows XP
On a Microsoft Windows XP client computer that has the Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 Advanced Client installed, you may experience the following symptoms: You cannot initiate any client action that is listed on the tab of the item in...
- All programs in a package are deleted on SMS child sites
Fixes a problem that occurs when all SMS programs on a child site are temporarily or permanently deleted from a SMS package, and an error is logged to the Distmgr.log file.
- An SMS 2003 Advanced Client may copy files from a remote distribution point instead of from a local distribution point when it repairs a package
Fixes a problem where an SMS 2003 Advanced Client continues to use the distribution point of a site it no longer belongs to. Provides a hotfix for the problem.
- You cannot move a Legacy Client to another site in Systems Management Server 2003
Updates SMSMan.exe to use the /F switch to move an existing Legacy Client to a different site.
- Windows Installer programs do not run on Legacy clients when you use “Run with administrative rights”
Microsoft Windows Installer programs (.msi files) may fail during execution when run as an Systems Management Server (SMS) advertisement on a SMS 2003 Legacy client.
- Windows XP SP2 clients cannot use Background Intelligent Transfer Service to download files from SMS 2003
After you upgrade your Microsoft Windows XP-based client computer to Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), the Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 Advanced Client may not be able to download package files when it uses Background Intelligent Transfer Service...
- A remote desktop session may experience a long delay when you try to log off an Advanced Client computer
After you install the Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 Advanced Client software on a Terminal Server computer, it may take several minutes for you to log off a Terminal Services session on the Advanced Client computer. Additionally,...
- User rights to individual packages on a distribution point are unintentionally deleted
Describes a problem that may occur if Distribution Manager (DistMgr) threads try to update the PkgAccess table while DistMgr is reading it.
- SMS Administrator Console stops responding when you remove a resource while a query runs against a WMI class
When you try to remove a collection or other resource while an event query runs against a Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) class, you experience both of the following symptoms: The SMS Administrator Console stops responding (hangs). The Windows...
- Software packages do not install on Systems Management Server 2003 clients
Fixes a problem that occurs when distributed software programs do not install on some SMS 2003 clients.
- Smscfg.cpl may not be loaded with more than 20 network adapters
When you double-click the Systems Management Server tool in Control Panel on a computer that is running Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 or Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0, you may receive one of the following error messages....
- SMS package source versions may be reported incorrectly
Provides a fix for a problem where SMS package source versions may be reported incorrectly.
- SMS Primary Site processes discovery and inventory data very slowly
A Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 or a Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 primary site may experience a significant slowdown in data discovery record (DDR) processing or in hardware inventory (Management Information Format [MIF] file)...
- Memory leaks occur when you use Active Directory discovery methods in Systems Management Server 2003
Updates Systems Management Server 2003 to prevent access violation errors and slow performance. This condition is caused by low system resources.
- Software inventory processing is slow on a large Systems Management Server 2003 site
Increases software inventory performance to prevent a backlog of files on SMS site servers.
- Computers with IP addresses that are more than 14 characters are not correctly discovered in Systems Management Server 2003
Updates Systems Management Server 2003 to capture 15-digit IP addresses when new clients are discovered.
- Systems Management Server 2003 bandwidth throttling does not completely use allocated bandwidth
Describes a problem that occurs because the SMS 2003 RAS Sender and the SMS Standard Sender do not account for the time that it takes to transfer each data block. A hotfix is available to resolve this problem.
- Event ID 4100 or Event ID 4356 is logged in the application event log of Advanced Clients in Systems Management Server 2003
Updates the Advanced Client to make sure a user is logged on before trying to call the user interface on the client computer.
- Systems Management Server 2003 Advanced Clients continuously send and receive content location requests
Fixes problem that occurs when SMS 2003 Advanced Clients continuously send location requests to, and receive content location requests from, the SMS 2003 proxy management point.