Virtual PC for Mac 6.1 Solution Center
Troubleshooting - Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac Version 6.1
- How to troubleshoot issues that occur in Office for Mac on a computer that is running Mac OS X 10.2.x or Mac OS X 10.3.x
Describes how to troubleshoot issues that occur when you use an Office for Mac program on a computer that is running Mac OS X 10.2.x or Mac OS X 10.3.x.
- MS04-005: A vulnerability in Virtual PC for Mac could lead to privilege elevation
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS04-005. The security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security patch, including file manifest information and deployment options. To view the complete security bulletin, visit the...
- How to Read a CD from DOS
You cannot read a CD in a MS-DOS-based virtual machine. The CD/DVD-ROM drive is not available.
- Cannot Connect to the Internet from a Virtual Machine
When you start a Web browser in a Virtual PC session (from a virtual machine), you may receive a message that prompts you to connect to the Internet. For example, if you start Microsoft Internet Explorer in a Virtual PC session, you may receive the...
- Cannot Use a Rio MP3 Player in Virtual PC
When you use a USB port to connect your Rio MP3 player or your Rio-compatible MP3 player to your computer, you cannot use the device in a virtual machine.
- NUM LOCK key is turned off in Windows even though the NUM LOCK key is turned on in the System Bios
When you configure your basic input/output system (BIOS) to start the computer with NUM LOCK turned on, you find that when you start your Windows 2000 or your Windows XP guest operating system, NUM LOCK is turned off.
- "Error: Printer Not Responding" Error Message When You Try to Print from a Program in a Virtual PC for Mac Virtual Machine
When you try to print from a program in a Virtual PC for Mac virtual machine, either nothing occurs and no print job is sent to your Mac printer, or you receive the following error message:
- Cannot Sustain Serial Connection with a Garmin USB Programmer Card Reader and eMap
When you use your Garmin USB Programmer Card reader in a virtual machine, you may lose the serial connection with Garmin eMap when you try to transfer a large map.
- You cannot use the right mouse button or the scroll wheel on a Logitech mouse with Virtual PC for Mac
When you try to use the right mouse button or the scroll wheel on a Logitech mouse with Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac or with Connectix Virtual PC for Mac, the mouse may not work.
- You cannot connect to the Internet from a virtual machine in Virtual PC for Mac
Describes how to manually assign the DNS server addresses for the guest operating system to work around a problem where you cannot browse the Internet by using the guest operating system's Web browser.
- Virtual PC Compatibility with Oxford English Dictionary
When you try to run Oxford English Dictionary on a virtual machine in any of the products that are listed in the "Applies to" section of this article, you may receive an error message that is similar to one of the following error messages: -or-
- How to Connect USB Devices to a Virtual PC Virtual Machine
Microsoft recommends that you connect USB devices directly to the Macintosh computer and not through a USB hub, if you can. If your Macintosh computer does not have sufficient USB ports available, Microsoft recommends that you use a powered USB hub....
- Attached hard disk image is not duplicated when you duplicate a virtual machine
When you duplicate a virtual machine that has an external hard disk image attached as a secondary drive, the secondary drive is not duplicated.
- Cannot Use the Start Menu to Start Windows Programs in the Mac OS X Dock
When you try to start a Windows program from the menu in the Apple Mac OS X Dock, the program may not start.
- Cannot copy very large files to a Guest Windows XP shared folder
When you copy a one or more files from the Mac operating system to the Guest Microsoft Windows XP operating system by means of shared folders, the copy operation is not successful. Windows XP abruptly stops responding and then quits.
- You Cannot Increase the Size of the Drive Images That Are Included with Virtual PC 6.0 and 6.1 So That They Are Larger than 15 Gigabytes
When you try to use the Virtual Disk Assistant to increase the size of the hard disk images that come with Connectix Virtual PC for Mac 6.0 and with Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac 6.1 so that they are larger than 15 gigabytes (GB), you cannot.
- "Error -34 disk full" error message when you install a drive image file in Virtual PC for Mac
When you try to install a drive image file in Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
- Mac files lose their file properties, permissions, and comments if you copy them to the virtual machine's desktop by using a drag-and-drop operation
When you copy a file to a virtual machine by dragging the file icon onto the virtual machine's desktop, the file properties, permissions, and any comments that are assigned to that file are removed. When the file is dragged back onto the Mac desktop,...
- Error 38: The Computer You Specified Is Already In Use on the Network
When you start your guest PC (Windows) or your virtual machine (Macintosh) operating system, you may receive the following error message:
- Error Message When You Try to Mount CD
When you try to mount a CD, it may not be recognized by Virtual PC. You receive the following error message:
- Undo Drive Data Is Discarded When You Switch Secondary Hard Disk Images Between Virtual Machines
When you share a secondary hard disk image between one or more virtual machines and then switch the hard disk image between the virtual machines, any Undo Drive data is discarded from the secondary hard disk image.
- –39 Error Message When You Click a Virtual PC Drive Package File
When you click a Virtual PC drive package file (.vhdp file) in the Mac OS 9.2 finder, you may receive the following error message:
- "OS not found install an OS on this hard drive" error message when you start a virtual machine in Virtual PC for Mac
When you start your virtual machine, you may receive the following error message:
- You Cannot Run Multiple Instances of Virtual PC for Mac on a Network
When you try to run several instances of Virtual PC for Mac on several computers that are on a network, each instance of Virtual PC except one enters paused mode and stops all operations.
- You Experience Unexpected Behavior in Virtual PC After You Add a Third-Party Upgrade Card to Your Mac
When you upgrade your Mac computer by adding a third-party upgrade card, such as an accelerator card, you may experience unexpected behavior in Virtual PC for Mac. This behavior may include, but may not be limited to, any of the following: You receive...