Visual Basic .NET 2002 Solution Center
how-to articles - Visual Basic .NET 2002
- Keywords to search .NET-related Knowledge Base articles
Lists the keywords that are used as metadata for .NET-related Knowledge Base articles.
- How To Write Pluggable Protocol to Support FTP in Managed Classes by Using Visual Basic .NET
This step-by-step article describes how to write pluggable protocol by using classes from the System.Net namespace. The Microsoft .NET Framework provides a layered, extensible, and managed implementation of Internet services that can be integrated...
- "Differences Between Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET" white paper is available
This article points to the "Differences Between Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET" white paper.
- Support WebCast: Microsoft ADO.NET: Programming ADO.NET Datasets
Session Summary During this session, we will talk about working with ADO.NET datasets and typed datasets. The primary discussion will be about the programming aspects of datasets and Visual Basic .NET code snippets. This is a session that was recorded...
- How to recursively search directories by using Visual Basic 2005 or Visual Basic .NET
Describes some sample steps and sample code about how to recursively search directories by using Visual Basic .NET or Visual Basic 2005.
- INFO: Naming Schema for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, the .NET Framework, and Visual J# Redistributable Software Update Packages
Microsoft has adopted a standardized naming schema for all software update packages for Visual Studio .NET, the .NET Framework, and the Visual J# Redistributable that Microsoft creates and distributes. The new naming schema will go into effect for all...
- HOW TO: Loop Through and Examine CheckBox Control Values in a DataGrid Column by Using ASP.NET and Visual Basic .NET
This step-by-step article demonstrates how to loop through each row of an ASP.NET DataGrid control and how to determine if the ASP.NET CheckBox server control that is used to identify the row has been selected. The sample code in this article uses the...
- How to create a summary row for a DataGrid in ASP.NET by using Visual Basic .NET
This step-by-step article describes how to create a summary row for a DataGrid control in ASP.NET. In this article, you create a Visual Basic .NET project, add code to access the view named from the Northwind database, and then bind the view to the...
- How to change the background color for an MDI parent form in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005
Describes how to programmatically change the background color for an MDI parent form by using Visual Basic .NET or Visual Basic 2005.
- How to navigate XML with the XPathNavigator class by using Visual Basic
Describes some sample steps and sample code to navigate XML by using the XPathNavigator class in Visual Basic 2005 or in Visual Basic .NET.
- How to use the Visual Basic Upgrade Wizard
This article explains how to use the Visual Basic Upgrade Wizard in Visual Studio .NET or in Visual Studio 2005 to upgrade a simple Visual Basic 6.0 application.
- Description of race conditions and deadlocks
Describes that Visual Basic .NET or Visual Basic 2005 offers the ability to use threads in Visual Basic applications for the first time. Threads introduce debugging issues such as race conditions and deadlocks.
- How to use structured exception handling in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005
Describes how to use structured exception handling in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005.
- HOW TO: Use Response.Redirect in ASP.NET with Visual Basic .NET
This article demonstrates how to use the Redirect method of the HttpResponse class in ASP.NET applications to redirect a user to another URL. Requirements The following list outlines the recommended hardware, software, network infrastructure, and...
- How To Retrieve and Display Records from an Access Database by Using ASP.NET, ADO.NET, and Visual Basic .NET
This step-by-step article describes how to programmatically retrieve data from a Microsoft Access database, and then present the data to the user. The goal of this article is not to provide every conceivable approach to the issue. It is intended to...
- How to use the OleDbDataAdapter to fill a DataSet object from an ADO Recordset object in Visual Basic .NET
This step-by-step article demonstrates how to use the OleDbDataAdapter class to obtain rows from an ADO Recordset object and insert them into a DataSet object. Note that you cannot do the reverse; that is, you cannot obtain rows from a DataSet object...
- How to read from and write to a text file by using Visual Basic 2005 or Visual Basic .NET
Describes how to use the StreamReader class and the StreamWriter class in Visual Basic 2005 or in Visual Basic .NET. Includes code samples.
- INFO: Develop Microsoft Office solutions with Visual Studio .NET
This article is a resource for developers who work in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET to build solutions using the Microsoft Office family of products. This article supplements the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) content for Office Development with...
- How to read XML data from a URL by using Visual Basic .NET
This article demonstrates how to use the XmlTextReader class to read Extensible Markup Language (XML) from a URL. The streamed information can come from a variety of sources, such as a byte stream from a server, a file, or a TextReader class....
- How to retrieve the DataGrid row that is currently selected after you sort, insert, or delete DataGrid rows by using Visual Basic .NET
This step-by-step article describes how to retrieve the DataGrid row that is currently selected after you sort, insert, or delete DataGrid rows. When you sort, insert, or delete DataGrid rows, the currency manager still holds the data in actual format....
- How to compact a Microsoft Access database by using Visual Basic .NET
Neither ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) nor ADO .NET provide the means to compact or repair Microsoft Access databases. However, you can accomplish this task by using the Microsoft Jet OLE DB Provider and Replication Objects (JRO) that was introduced with...
- How to query XML with an XPath expression by using Visual Basic .NET
This article demonstrates how to query an XPathDocument object with an XML Path Language (XPath) expression using the XPathNavigator class. XPath is used programmatically to evaluate expressions and select specific nodes in a document. Requirements The...
- How to use Microsoft Visual Basic .NET to connect to a Microsoft Access database and to retrieve data
This step-by-step article describes how to use Microsoft ADO.NET to open a Microsoft Access database by using the OLE DB data provider. You use the OleDbDataAdapter class to obtain rows from the Access database and to insert the rows into a DataSet...
- How to use COM+ transactions in a Visual Basic .NET component
This step-by-step article shows how to use COM+ (Component Services) transactions in a Visual Basic .NET class. A set of database operations is considered as one unit. The operations either all succeed, or, if one operation fails, the entire...
- How to implement impersonation in an ASP.NET application
Describes different ways to implement impersonation in an ASP.NET application. This article introduces how to implement impersonation by modifying Web.config and running a particular section of code.