Visual Basic .NET 2002 Solution Center
Troubleshooting - Microsoft Visual Basic .NET 2002
- Office application does not quit after automation from Visual Studio .NET client
When you automate a Microsoft Office application from Microsoft Visual Basic .NET or Microsoft Visual C# .NET, the Office application does not quit when you call the Quit method.
- BUG: Element may cause Data View to generate an error message
Explains that you cannot use the period (.) character in element names in Visual Basic .NET 2002. To resolve this problem, rename the element so that the name does not contain a period character.
- How to trace and debug in Visual Basic 2005 or in Visual Basic .NET
Describes how to use the Debug and Trace class in Visual Basic .2005 or in Visual Basic .NET.
- Control Focus on an ASP.NET Web Server control is lost after AutoPostBack
When you press the TAB key on an ASP.NET Web Server control, the Web page is posted back to the Web server. After the operation is complete, the focus is not set to any control. You expect the focus to be set to the next control.
- Items in the ComboBox control are not selected while you type the first characters
Explains that items in the ComboBox control are not selected while you type the first characters. Provides a solution to work around this behavior.
- BUG: "Old format or invalid type library" error when automating Excel
Describes an Error: 0x80028018 (-2147647512) that may occur when you automate Excel by using Visual Studio .NET and you call a method that requires an LCID. This error occurs when the regional settings do not match the language version of Office.
- BUG: "Object variable or With block variable not set" error message when you access a public object variable
Explains that when you set a public object variable of a COM component, you may receive an error message. This problem occurs if the component contains a public object variable and you use late binding to reference this component.
- BUG: You can add a member after a zero index in a Visual Basic .NET collection
Explains that if you set the After parameter to 0 when you call the Add method of a one-based collection in Visual Basic .NET, you receive an error message, and the member is added at the first index.
- You may receive an error message when you use an invalid namespace in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005
Describes that you may receive an error message when you use an invalid namespace in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005. This article provides some sample steps to reproduce the problem.
- PRB: Some Functionalities of a COM+ Application Do Not Change If You Change the Corresponding Settings in the COM+ Catalog
When you change the settings for a COM+ application in the COM+ catalog, the corresponding functionalities of the application do not change. For example, after you use the JustInTimeActivation compile-time attribute in your code to enable Just-in-Time...
- How to implement the Dispose method in a derived class in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005
Describes how to implement the Dispose method in a derived class in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005.
- PRB: "Requested Registry Access Is Not Allowed" Error Message When ASP.NET Application Tries to Write New EventSource in the EventLog
When you use ASP.NET to create a new event source in the event log, you may receive the following error message:
- SET statements do not have connection-wide ccope with ExecuteReader() of SQLCommand class
Describes that SET statements do not have connection-wide ccope with ExecuteReader() of SQLCommand class. Provides a resolution.
- An unhandled exception of the 'System.ArgumentException' type occurs after you rename the columns of a DataSet object
Describes that an unhandled exception of the 'System.ArgumentException' type may occur after you rename the columns of a DataSet object. Requires that you use the Copy method fo the DataSet object to work around this issue.
- FIX: You cannot insert empty string into Memo, Text, nText, or Blob columns
Explains that you may receive a System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException exception when you try to use the OLE DB .NET data provider to insert empty strings into Memo, Text, nText, or Blob columns. To resolve this problem, insert a SPACE character instead.
- BUG: The FillSchema method may not include schema for the PrimaryKey column for the join query
Explains that the schema for the PrimaryKey column of the table is not included when you try to use the FillSchema method of the SqlDataAdapter object. This problem occurs when you use the join query that has columns only from one table.
- Error message when you use CommandBuilder: "An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred"
Explains that you receive an error message when you use CommandBuilder. Provides two methods to resolve this problem.
- PRB: "Index Was Out of Range" Error Message from the DataGrid While Paging
To trap the record that is being accessed in a DataGrid Web server control, you use the DataKeys collection of DataGrid on an ItemCommand event, and then pass the ItemIndex property as a key to the DataKey collection. When you click a link to move to...
- Error message occurs when you run commands on a command object: "Unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException'"
Describes that when you run commands on a command object, you receive an "Unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException'" error message.
- PRB: Visual Basic .NET Error Using GetObject or GetActiveObject for Running Instance of Office Application
When you try to use GetObject or System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetActiveObject from Microsoft Visual Basic .NET to automate a running Microsoft Office application, you may receive one of the following error messages: With GetObject : With...
- A "COMPUTE BY statements not supported" exception occurs when you use the COMPUTE BY clause in SQL Server
Explains that a "COMPUTE BY statements not supported" exception occurs when you try to use the COMPUTE BY clause in SQL Server. Includes a resolution.
- PRB: "System.InvalidOperationException" Error While Serializing NameValueCollection Objects Using XmlSerializer
When you try to serialize NameValueCollection objects by using the XMLSerializer object, you receive the following exception error message:
- PRB: "Web Access Failed" Error Message When You Use Visual Studio .NET with IIS 6.0 to Create an ASP.NET Web Application
When you create a Web Application in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and then you use Windows Server 2003 with Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0, you may receive the following error message:
- BUG: Incorrect proxy is generated when the WSDL file contains multiple bindings
Explains that you will find some required parameters of the bindings classes are missing in the SoapHeaderAttribute of the proxy class if you generate a proxy class for the WSDL file that has multiple bindings.
- There is no RecordCount property when yo use the OleDbDataReader class or the SqlDataReader class in Visual Basic .NET
Describes that there is RecordCount property when you use the OleDbDataReader class or the SqlDataReader class in Visual Basic .NET.