Visual Basic .NET 2003 Solution Center
Troubleshooting - Microsoft Visual Basic .NET 2003
- Office application does not quit after automation from Visual Studio .NET client
When you automate a Microsoft Office application from Microsoft Visual Basic .NET or Microsoft Visual C# .NET, the Office application does not quit when you call the Quit method.
- How to trace and debug in Visual Basic 2005 or in Visual Basic .NET
Describes how to use the Debug and Trace class in Visual Basic .2005 or in Visual Basic .NET.
- Control Focus on an ASP.NET Web Server control is lost after AutoPostBack
When you press the TAB key on an ASP.NET Web Server control, the Web page is posted back to the Web server. After the operation is complete, the focus is not set to any control. You expect the focus to be set to the next control.
- Items in the ComboBox control are not selected while you type the first characters
Explains that items in the ComboBox control are not selected while you type the first characters. Provides a solution to work around this behavior.
- BUG: "Old format or invalid type library" error when automating Excel
Describes an Error: 0x80028018 (-2147647512) that may occur when you automate Excel by using Visual Studio .NET and you call a method that requires an LCID. This error occurs when the regional settings do not match the language version of Office.
- BUG: "Object variable or With block variable not set" error message when you access a public object variable
Explains that when you set a public object variable of a COM component, you may receive an error message. This problem occurs if the component contains a public object variable and you use late binding to reference this component.
- Description of the Message or Notes field in Outlook 2002
Describes how Outlook implements the Message or Notes field. Discusses how to use fields and controls with Outlook forms. Also discusses some common question about the Message or Notes field in Outlook.
- BUG: You can add a member after a zero index in a Visual Basic .NET collection
Explains that if you set the After parameter to 0 when you call the Add method of a one-based collection in Visual Basic .NET, you receive an error message, and the member is added at the first index.
- You may receive an error message when you use an invalid namespace in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005
Describes that you may receive an error message when you use an invalid namespace in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005. This article provides some sample steps to reproduce the problem.
- PRB: Some Functionalities of a COM+ Application Do Not Change If You Change the Corresponding Settings in the COM+ Catalog
When you change the settings for a COM+ application in the COM+ catalog, the corresponding functionalities of the application do not change. For example, after you use the JustInTimeActivation compile-time attribute in your code to enable Just-in-Time...
- How to implement the Dispose method in a derived class in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005
Describes how to implement the Dispose method in a derived class in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic 2005.
- PRB: "Requested Registry Access Is Not Allowed" Error Message When ASP.NET Application Tries to Write New EventSource in the EventLog
When you use ASP.NET to create a new event source in the event log, you may receive the following error message:
- Error message when you use CommandBuilder: "An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred"
Explains that you receive an error message when you use CommandBuilder. Provides two methods to resolve this problem.
- SET statements do not have connection-wide ccope with ExecuteReader() of SQLCommand class
Describes that SET statements do not have connection-wide ccope with ExecuteReader() of SQLCommand class. Provides a resolution.
- BUG: The FillSchema method may not include schema for the PrimaryKey column for the join query
Explains that the schema for the PrimaryKey column of the table is not included when you try to use the FillSchema method of the SqlDataAdapter object. This problem occurs when you use the join query that has columns only from one table.
- An unhandled exception of the 'System.ArgumentException' type occurs after you rename the columns of a DataSet object
Describes that an unhandled exception of the 'System.ArgumentException' type may occur after you rename the columns of a DataSet object. Requires that you use the Copy method fo the DataSet object to work around this issue.
- BUG: You Receive an XmlException Error When You Build a Serialization Sample Application of the .NET Framework SDK
When you try to build the Serialization application sample (from the Technologies samples) of Microsoft .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK) version 1.1, you receive the following error message: Note The serialization application sample is...
- PRB: "Index Was Out of Range" Error Message from the DataGrid While Paging
To trap the record that is being accessed in a DataGrid Web server control, you use the DataKeys collection of DataGrid on an ItemCommand event, and then pass the ItemIndex property as a key to the DataKey collection. When you click a link to move to...
- PRB: Visual Basic .NET Error Using GetObject or GetActiveObject for Running Instance of Office Application
When you try to use GetObject or System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetActiveObject from Microsoft Visual Basic .NET to automate a running Microsoft Office application, you may receive one of the following error messages: With GetObject : With...
- A "COMPUTE BY statements not supported" exception occurs when you use the COMPUTE BY clause in SQL Server
Explains that a "COMPUTE BY statements not supported" exception occurs when you try to use the COMPUTE BY clause in SQL Server. Includes a resolution.
- BUG: "Invalid Property Data" Error While Creating OracleCommand in Visual Studio .NET 2003
When you create a command object for Oracle to run a stored procedure by using the OracleCommand object from the Toolbox, you may receive the following error message after you specify the stored procedure name in the CommandText property:
- PRB: "System.InvalidOperationException" Error While Serializing NameValueCollection Objects Using XmlSerializer
When you try to serialize NameValueCollection objects by using the XMLSerializer object, you receive the following exception error message:
- PRB: "Web Access Failed" Error Message When You Use Visual Studio .NET with IIS 6.0 to Create an ASP.NET Web Application
When you create a Web Application in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and then you use Windows Server 2003 with Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0, you may receive the following error message:
- BUG: Incorrect proxy is generated when the WSDL file contains multiple bindings
Explains that you will find some required parameters of the bindings classes are missing in the SoapHeaderAttribute of the proxy class if you generate a proxy class for the WSDL file that has multiple bindings.
- The DataAdapter.Fill method does not set all of the properties of the DataTable and DataColumn objects
Explains that various properties of the DataTable and DataColumn objects are not set after you use the DataAdapter.Fill method. This article provides two methods to resolve this problem.