Visual C++ .NET 2003 Solution Center
how-to articles - Visual C++ .NET 2003
- Keywords to search .NET-related Knowledge Base articles
Lists the keywords that are used as metadata for .NET-related Knowledge Base articles.
- How to merge data from two XML documents by using System.Xml with Visual C++ .NET or with Visual C++ 2005
Describes how to use a DataSet object to merge two XML documents. This article also provides a code sample to show how to perform this task.
- INFO: Naming Schema for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, the .NET Framework, and Visual J# Redistributable Software Update Packages
Microsoft has adopted a standardized naming schema for all software update packages for Visual Studio .NET, the .NET Framework, and the Visual J# Redistributable that Microsoft creates and distributes. The new naming schema will go into effect for all...
- How To Write Binary Files to the Browser Using ASP.NET and Visual C# .NET
This step-by-step article creates a sample page that demonstrates how to retrieve binary data from a file and then how to write the data out to the browser using ASP.NET and Visual C#. Although this demonstration uses an Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file...
- INFO: Develop Microsoft Office solutions with Visual Studio .NET
This article is a resource for developers who work in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET to build solutions using the Microsoft Office family of products. This article supplements the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) content for Office Development with...
- How To Persist an ADO.NET DataSet into XML by Using Visual C++ .NET
This article demonstrates how to persist an ADO.NET DataSet object to Extensible Markup Language (XML). Requirements The following list outlines the recommended hardware, software, network infrastructure, and service packs that are required: A...
- How to reaad XML data into DataSet by using Visual C++ .NET
This article explains how to read Extensible Markup Language (XML) data into an ADO.NET DataSet object. REQUIREMENTS The following list outlines the recommended hardware, software, network infrastructure, and service packs that you need: Microsoft...
- How to obtain underlying provider errors by using ADO.NET in Visual C++ .NET
Managed providers can raise several exceptions. To obtain more detailed information about the cause, you need access to provider-specific error information. This article shows how to gather this information. Requirements The following list outlines the...
- HOW TO: Build a Connection String Programmatically in ADO.NET by Using Visual C++ .NET
This step-by-step article describes how to use the Data Link Properties dialog box to programmatically create a connection string at design time. Requirements The following list outlines the recommended hardware, software, network infrastructure, and...
- How to troubleshoot Visual Studio.NET installation
Describes how to troubleshoot the issues of the Visual Studio.NET installation.
- Do not use high level languages, libraries, frameworks, virtual machines or runtimes in core operating system processes
Explains that you should not use .NET Framework Class Libraries, high level languages, libraries, frameworks, virtual machines or runtimes or other framework libraries in core system processes.
- How to determine the version of Windows by using Visual C++
Describes how to determine which version of Windows you are running by using Visual C++. Includes a code sample to show how to perform this task.
- How to determine the operating system service pack level in Visual C++
Describes how to build the GetServicePack method by using Visual C++. This article also provides a code sample to show how to perform this task.
- Description of the performance problems of building projects over a network in Visual C++
Describes the issues that you may experience when you build projects over a network in Visual C++.
- How to clear the cache when your application hosts a WebBrowser control in Visual C++ .NET or in Visual C++ 2005
Describes how to use the FindFirstURLCacheEntry, the FindNextUrlCacheEntry, and the DeleteUrlCacheEntry WinInet APIs for clearing Internet Explorer cache in Visual C++ .NET or in Visual C++ 2005.
- How To Define the Display Size of an MFC ActiveX Control
Sometimes you need to limit an ActiveX control's minimum or maximum size at design time. This article explains how to do this by overriding the virtual COleControl::OnSetExtent method.
- How to determine when a shelled process ends in Visual C++
Describes how to use the Process object in Visual C++ to start another process and receive a notification after that process has exited. This article also provides a code sample to show how to perform this task.
- How to apply an XSL transformation from one XML document to another by using Visual C++ .NET or Visual C++ 2005
Describes how to apply an Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) Transformation (XSLT) to an XML document by using the XslTransform class to create a new XML document. This article also provides a code sample to show how to perform this task.
- How to detect a mouse click on any column of a List View control in Visual C++
Explains how to detect a mouse click on a List View control and highlight the first column of the row where the mouse was clicked.
- How to Create Additional Views with CreateNewFrame() Function
The CDocTemplate::CreateNewFrame() function creates additional views of a document in a multiple document interface (MDI) application written using the Microsoft Foundation Class Library. The prototype of the CreateNewFrame() function is as follows: To...
- List of Knowledge Base keywords that you can use to search for languages articles
Includes the Knowledge Base keywords that you can use to search for Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that are about programming language products.
- HOW TO: Call a Parameterized Stored Procedure by Using ADO .NET and Visual C++ .NET
There are several ways to use ADO.NET to call a stored procedure and to get back return values and output parameters, including: Use a DataAdapter or DataSet object to gather the returned rows and to work with these rows in addition to the return...
- How to automate Excel from MFC and Visual C++ 2005 or Visual C++ .NET to fill or obtain data in a range using arrays
Describes how to automate Excel from Visual C++ 2005 or Visual C++ .NET to fill and retrieve values in a multi-cell range by using arrays.
- How to update a SQL Server database by using the SqlDataAdapter object in Visual C++ .NET
The SqlDataAdapter object serves as a bridge between an ADO.NET DataSet object and a Microsoft SQL Server database. It is an intermediary object that you can use to do the following: Populate an ADO.NET DataSet with data retrieved from a SQL Server...
- How To Retrieve Column Schema by Using the DataReader GetSchemaTable Method and Visual C++ .NET
This article demonstrates how to use the GetSchemaTable method of the DataReader object in ADO.NET to retrieve column schema information. Another name for a column's schema is its field properties. Column schema information includes the following...