Visual C++ .NET 2003 Solution Center
Troubleshooting - Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003
- How to use the PageHeap utility to detect memory errors in a Microsoft Visual C++ project
Describes how to use the PageHeap utility to automatically monitor memory errors in a Microsoft Visual C++ project.
- PRB: MFC AppWizard Does Not Show Oracle Synonyms with Microsoft ODBC Driver
When you create a Visual C++ Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) AppWizard EXE or DLL with database support, if you select an Oracle data source name (DSN) that is associated with the Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle, AppWizard doesn't list the local...
- FIX: Error message when a string parameter contains Japanese characters in Visual Studio .NET 2003: "[fatal error C1001: Internal compiler error]"
Describes a problem that occurs when you run a Visual C++ application that includes a macro that has a string parameter and the string parameter contains Japanese characters. Describes a hotfix that resolves the problem.
- FIX: The memory allocation is successful when a stack overflow occurs for the "new" operator in Visual C++ .NET 2003
Fixes the problem in which a stack overflow for the "new" operator does not cause a memory allocation failure in Visual C++ .NET 2003.
- FIX: Visual C++ .NET 2003 C runtime daylight saving time 2007 update for the TZ environment variable problem
Fixes a problem with the Visual C++ .NET 2003 C runtime (CRT) TZ environment variable that causes certain functions to incorrectly recognize daylight saving time (DST) in 2007.
- FIX: Visual Studio .NET 2003 closes unexpectedly when you try to open a Visual C++ 6.0 .dsp file
Fixes a problem where Visual Studio .NET 2003 closes unexpectedly when you try to open a Visual C++ 6.0 .dsp file.
- FIX: The Watch and Locals Debug windows do not show the correct values when you debug a Visual C++ 6.0 binary in Visual Studio .NET 2003
Fixes a problem where the Locals and Watch windows do not show the correct values when you debug a Visual C++ 6.0 binary that has embedded CodeView symbols in Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- FIX: The Visual Studio .NET 2003 development environment (Devenv.exe) closes unexpectedly when you try to debug a Visual Studio 6.0 embedded executable file that contains CodeView debug information
Fixes a problem where the Visual Studio .NET 2003 development environment closes unexpectedly when you try to debug a Visual Studio 6.0 embedded executable that contains CodeView debug information.
- FIX: Visual C++ .NET 2003 Service Pack 1 C runtime daylight saving time 2007 update for the TZ environment variable problem
Describes a problem that occurs because of the changes to daylight saving time in 2007.
- Description of the R6025 run-time error in Visual C++
Provides general information about the R6025 run-time error. This run-time error can occur when you indirectly call a pure virtual member function. The DebugBreak Win32 function can help you find the a call to the pure virtual function.
- FIX: The CDatabase::Connect method passes an incorrect buffer size to the SQLDriverConnect function in Visual Studio .NET 2003
Fixes a problem in Visual Studio .NET 2003 where the CDatabase::Connect method passes an incorrect buffer size to the SQLDriverConnect function in a Visual C++ .NET solution. This behavior may cause the application to close unexpectedly.
- A LNK2005 error occurs when the CRT library and MFC libraries are linked in the wrong order in Visual C++
Explains that you receive a LNK2005 error when the CRT library and MFC libraries are linked in the wrong order. You can force the linker to link the libraries in the correct order or find the module that is causing the problem and to correct it.
- Output parameters are not returned when you run an ADO.NET command in Visual C++ .NET
Describes an issue where output parameters are not returned when you run an ADO.NET command in Visual C++ .NET. Provides two method to resolve this issue.
- BUG: New Interop DLL Is Not Put in the Correct Location for the Project When a COM Component Is Added
You can create a .NET Web service by using Visual C++ .NET. The Web service uses the COM component to perform any complex logic. However, when you try to access the Web service method that uses the Component Object Model (COM) component, you may receive...
- BUG: The GetSchemaTable method of the SqlDataReader object returns the wrong column name
Explains that the SqlDataReader.GetSchemaTable method returns the BaseServerName column that is not included in the .NET Framework Class Library SDK document. To resolve this problem, use the OleDbDataReader object.
- BUG: MFC Class Wizard Does Not Resolve Naming Conflicts Between Windows APIs and COM Interface Methods
If you use the Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) Add Class from TypeLib wizard in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET to add a wrapper class for a Component Object Model (COM) interface, and the interface contains a method with the same name as a Microsoft...
- BUG: Native Expression Evaluator for Visual Studio .NET Cannot Resolve an Overloaded Function with Pointer Types as Parameters
The native expression evaluator in Visual Studio .NET can evaluate functions that take pointers as parameters. However, when you overload that function, you may receive the following error message:
- BUG: You receive a "Server error" error message if you try to invoke a Web service that has a name that contains a space character by using Visual C++ .NET
Explains the error message that appears if you invoke a Web service where the Web service name contains a space character (" ").
- PRB: Compiler Errors When You Use #import with XML in Visual C++ .NET
When you use MSXML parser dynamic-link libraries (DLLs) such as Msxml.dll, Msxml2.dll, Msxml3.dll, or Msxml4.dll to compile a Visual C++ .NET project with #import , you may receive the following compiler error messages: -or- -or- You may also see other...
- PRB: "<XLL Name> Is Not a Valid Add-In" Error Message When You Load XLL That Is Rebuilt by Using Visual Studio .NET 2003
When you rebuild an Excel-link library (XLL) with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003, and that XLL was originally written in Visual C++ 6.0, Excel cannot recognize the XLL. When you do the rebuild, and then you add in the rebuilt XLL to Excel, you...
- BUG: The debugger steps erratically when you have carriage returns without line feeds
Describes that the debugger might skip certain source lines and step erratically through the code when you use the debugger to step through Visual C++ .NET source code. Provides a solution to resolve this problem.
- BUG: MFC - Changing the BorderStyle Stock Property of An ActiveX Control Changes the Z-Order
When a Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) ActiveX Control's BorderStyle stock property is changed at runtime, this changes the Z-order of the ActiveX control to the topmost window.
- You receive a LNK2001 error when you link Visual C++ 5.0 and Visual C++ 6.0 binaries
Describes that you receive an error message when you try to build an executable file in Visual C++ 6.0 that references a constant array variable that is defined in a Visual C++ 5.0 dynamic link library or a Visual C++ 5.0 static library.
- BUG: Multidimensional arrays are not displayed correctly in some debugger windows
Explains that multidimensional arrays of primitive types do not correctly display array items in the Debugger Watch windows when you debug a Managed Extensions C++ project. To resolve this, use managed types in the multidimensional array.
- BUG: Active Template Library Implement Connection Point Wizard Generates Incorrect Code
The Active Template Library (ATL) Implement Connection Point Wizard generates incorrect code when it reimplements a connection point on an ATL COM object that supports connection points. Each time that you choose to implement a connection point on the...