Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0
Troubleshooting - Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0
- MS08-052: Description of the security update for GDI+ for Visual FoxPro 8.0 Service Pack 1: September 9, 2008
Describes the September 9, 2008 security update for Visual FoxPro 8.0 Service Pack 1. This security update resolves several privately reported vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows GDI+. These vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution.
- MS08-070: Description of the security update for Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0 Service Pack 1: December 9, 2008
Describes the security update for the Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0 Service Pack 1 that is dated December 9, 2008.
- You cannot change the destination folder when you install Visual FoxPro on Windows Vista
Describes a problem in Windows Vista. Because the "Select a destination folder" dialog box is empty when you install Visual FoxPro, you cannot change the destination folder.
- The TRANSFORM() function does not format a calculated field properly in Visual FoxPro
Explains that using the TRANSFORM() function on a calculated field in a Visual FoxPro report may cause the data to appear as asterisks.
- Error message when you try to install an update for Visual FoxPro 8.0 or for Visual FoxPro 9.0: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"
Describes an issue that occurs when the Setup program cannot find the correct product .msi file in the Windows Installer cache or when there is a file hash mismatch. Provides a workaround.
- The GETPRINTERS() function behaves differently based on the operating system in Visual FoxPro 5.0 and later versions
Describes a behavior in Visual FoxPro 5.0 and later versions where the GETPRINTER() function returns a different string for the printer name depending on the operating system that is running on the computer.
- BUG: Code window closes design tools when it is run from a program in Visual FoxPro
Explains a problem that occurs in Visual FoxPro. When reports, forms, or projects are modified with code that is called from a program, the Report, the Form Designer, or the Project Manager may unexpectedly quit.
- BUG: Report Designer creates child records in one-to-many report in Visual FoxPro
Explains that blank child records appear for parent records that do not have matching children when you create a one-to-many report by using the Visual FoxPro Report Designer or the Report Wizard.
- You receive an error message when the REPORT FORM command is used in a Visual FoxPro COM DLL
Describes a problem that occurs in Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 or later versions. When the REPORT FORM command is used in an in-process OLE component, you receive the "User-Interface operation is not allowed at this time" error message.
- Printing or previewing Report Form results in incorrect data
Describes a problem that occurs when you try to print or preview Report Form results, and data that is not correct is printed in the detail band of the report.
- Causes of common SELECT-SQL error messages
Discusses causes of common SELECT-SQL error messages and explains how to prevent them.
- BUG: Quick report mixes detail and header bands
Describes a problem that occurs when a Quick Report mixes detail bans and header bands.
- BUG: Execution of the REPORT FORM command sets the focus to the application in Visual FoxPro
Explains a problem that occurs in Visual FoxPro. When a REPORT FORM command is executed while an application is running in a minimized condition, the focus is set to the application. The window of the application is restored while the report prints.
- Various differences may appear when you view the information in a Word document that is embedded in a Visual FoxPro General field
Describes a problem that occurs in Visual FoxPro. After a Word document is embedded in a Visual FoxPro General field, Word may not respond as you expect after you view the stored document.
- The fields of the current table do not appear in the Report Expression Builder dialog box in Visual FoxPro 8.0 and earlier versions
Describes a behavior in Visual FoxPro 8.0 and earlier versions where the Report Expression Builder dialog box does not list the fields of a table unless the table is in the data environment of the report.
- You cannot insert more than 250 KB of data in a SQL Server 7.0 or SQL Server 2000 Image field from Visual FoxPro
Describes a problem in Visual FoxPro where you cannot insert or replace more than approximately 250 KB of data in an image field in a SQL Server 7.0 or SQL Server 2000 table by using a remote view. The TableUpdate function fails.
- No data is returned in Visual FoxPro when you use the TOP clause to retrieve data from a table in SQL Server 7.0 or in SQL Server 2000
Describes the SELECT-SQL statement that contains the TOP clause. No data is retrieved from a table in a SQL Server 7.0 database or in a SQL Server 2000 database when you use this clause in Visual FoxPro.
- BUG: The print job is not released to the printer in Visual FoxPro
When you print from Visual FoxPro, the print job is not released until you exit Visual FoxPro or the custom application.
- You receive a "Compiled code for this line too long" error message in Visual FoxPro
Explains the cause of the "Compiled code for this line too long" error message in Visual FoxPro. Also describes how to prevent the error message.
- BUG: The text specified by using the HEADING clause of the REPORT FORM command is printed over the column headings in Visual FoxPro
Describes a problem that occurs when the HEADING text that is specified by using the HEADING clause of the REPORT FORM command. The text is printed over the column headings.
- You may receive error messages if you use a field name that starts with a tilde character in Visual FoxPro
Describes error messages that you may receive when you try to update data. A Visual FoxPro remote view that is created with the View Designer that updates certain Microsoft Access tables cannot accept a field name that starts with a tilde character.
- BUG: You cannot use the keyboard to change the vertical size of an object
If the Snap to Grid option is on in the Report Designer, you cannot use the keyboard to change the vertical size of an object.
- The NOWAIT clause of REPORT command breaks filter printing report from Preview window
Describes a problem that occurs when the NOWAIT clause of the REPORT FORM command causes all records to print after you click the printer icon in the report Preview window.
- License error with ActiveX control added at run-time
Explains that adding a ActiveX control with the AddObject method at run-time causes an "OLE error code 0x80040112: Appropriate license for this class not found" error message.
- After you use the SQL Server Upsizing Wizard, fields that are mapped to Char fields and to VarChar fields are padded with spaces to the end of the field in Visual FoxPro
Describes what occurs after upsizing a Visual FoxPro database into SQL Server. The fields that are mapped to Char and the fields that are mapped to VarChar are padded with spaces to the end of the field.