Visual FoxPro 8.0 Solution Center
how-to articles - Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0
- Rs2dbf.exe demonstrates how to convert ADO 2.x recordset to Visual FoxPro cursor
Contains a link to a a sample file that demonstrates how to convert an ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) recordset to a Visual FoxPro cursor.
- How To Invoke the "Open With..." Dialog Box Using _shellexecute
The FoxPro Foundation Class _shellexecute can be used to run external programs, as well as open non-executable files if there is a program associated with that file. However, if there is no program associated with the file, _shellexecute returns...
- How to save sent Outlook E-mail to a folder other than the Sent Items folder
Describes how to send e-mail messages from Visual FoxPro by using Outlook and save the sent message to a folder other than the Sent Items folder.
- How to set a "page # of #" counter in a report in Visual FoxPro
Describes how to create a "page # of #" counter.
- How to troubleshoot to resolve suspected corruption in Visual FoxPro
Provides basic steps to begin troubleshooting data corruption problems encountered in Visual FoxPro.
- Possible causes of data corruption in Visual FoxPro
Lists some possible causes of data corruption in Visual FoxPro.
- How to automate Word from Visual FoxPro and add a table to a document
Describes how to use OLE automation from Visual FoxPro to add a table to a document.
- How to do SQL Server 2000 distributed queries with FoxPro .dbf files
This article demonstrates how to perform a SQL Server distributed query to retrieve data from FoxPro .dbc and .dbf files using either the VFP ODBC Driver or the VFP OLE DB Provider.
- How to use ADO with ASP to display Visual FoxPro data
Describes how to use ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) on an Active Server Page (ASP) to access data in a Visual FoxPro database by using the VFP ODBC driver.
- How to use the NetRemoteTOD function to obtain date and time information from a server
Describes how to programmatically use the NetRemoteTOD API function to obtain date and time information from server.
- How to return a resultset from Oracle stored procedures into an ADO recordset
Provides code on how use the Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle version 2.0 and later with an Oracle PL/SQL package to return resultsets from an Oracle stored procedure to an ADO recordset.
- How to use the Winsock ActiveX control with Visual FoxPro
Explains that the Microsoft Winsock Control ships with Visual FoxPro (VFP) 6.0 and later and works on Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows 2000, and Microsoft Windows XP. This sample illustrates how to use the control in a FoxPro application.
- How to create an application role on SQL Server 2000 from within Visual FoxPro
Describes how to programmatically create and grant permissions to an application role on SQL Server 7.0 and 2000 from within Visual FoxPro.
- How to use OLE automation in Visual FoxPro with Microsoft Word
Demonstrates using OLE Automation in Visual FoxPro to print data from a table to a Microsoft Word document.
- How to hide the FoxPro Run Command window in Visual FoxPro
Describes how to hide the FoxPro Run Command window by using the Windows API function WinExec().
- How to use the SET PRINTER TO NAME command to print to a specified printer in Visual FoxPro
Describes how to use the SET PRINTER TO NAME [printer name] command to print to a specified printer.
- How to use SQL pass-through to SELECT INTO a new SQL Server table in Visual FoxPro
Describes how to use SQL pass-through from Visual FoxPro to SELECT INTO a new SQL Server table.
- How to write to the Application log in Windows NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP using the Windows Script Host
Describes how to write to the Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 or Windows XP and later Application log using the Windows Scripting Host from Visual FoxPro.
- How to automatically add contacts to Outlook with Visual FoxPro
Describes how to programmatically add data to the Outlook Contacts folder from Visual FoxPro.
- How to update data by using the TableUpdate function with the CursorAdapter object in Visual FoxPro
Describes the interaction of the TableUpdate function with the CursorAdapter class and how to handle update conflicts that may occur.
- How to create a stored procedure in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to return a specific error message to the user in Visual FoxPro
Describes how to create a stored procedure in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to return a specific error message to a user who is running Visual FoxPro code.
- How to create a data source to access Excel files
Describes how to create a data source to access Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- HOWTO: Use the Find & Search Options on a Form Wizard Form
This article explains the functionality of the Find and Search buttons on a Form Wizard-generated form to clarify what the search is actually doing.
- How To Add Controls to a Form Generated by the Form Wizard
You may sometimes need to add a control to a form generated by the Form Wizard. No additional coding is necessary if you're adding a text box. However, if you're adding another type of control, such as a combo box or a list box, additional coding is...
- How to optimize SELECT-SQL commands by using the FORCE clause and SYS(3054) in Visual FoxPro 5.0 and later versions
Describes how to use the FORCE clause and SYS(3054) in a SELECT-SQL command to optimize queries in Visual FoxPro 5.0 and later versions.