Visual Studio 6.0 Solution Center
Download details - Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0
- FIX: Disk Defragmenter utility causes a crash in Windows XP and in Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
Provides the fix for the Disk Defragmenter utility problem. Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 sometimes crash when you run the Disk Defragmenter utility.
- FIX: Your COM+ application may run slowly when you create an object by using the SynchronizationAttribute attribute
Fixes a problem where a custom COM+ application runs slowly when you create an object with the SynchronizationAttribute attribute.
- FIX: The Windows Common Controls Mscomctl.ocx or Comctl32.ocx may cause your application or the Visual Basic 6 IDE to unexpectedly quit, or you may receive a "Divide By Zero" error message
Fixes a problem that occurs when you reorder the columns in a ListView control that is in a Visual Basic 6.0 SP6 application in Windows XP or a later operating system. You receive a divide-by-zero error message.
- FIX: VSS integration slow updating source code control status
When you use Visual SourceSafe integration with Visual C++, you may experience significant performance loss under the following conditions: Two or more users execute a source control operation that results in refreshing the file status at the same...
- FIX: You may receive an “ArgumentNullException” error message when you try to save a customizable form that is part of a .NET Framework 2.0-based application
Describes a problem that may occur when you try to save a customizable form that is part of a .NET Framework 2.0-based application, and you receive an “ArgumentNullException” error message. Includes a hotfix to resolve the problem.
- DAO 3.60: Setting Bookmark Property Moves to Wrong Row
In DAO 3.60 using the Bookmark property of a recordset to navigate to a specific record places you on the wrong record. This is likely to surface when saving a Bookmark and moving to a different record, and then moving back to the bookmarked record by...
- Tasks that Run a Long Time in Visual InterDev Unexpectedly Stop or Time Out
When you run global operations on a project from in Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0, the task runs for a while and then either stops or returns an error message such as the following:
- FIX: "Cannot Save File" Error Message in the Visual C++ IDE
When you try to save a file in the Microsoft Visual C++ IDE, you may receive the following error message: If you do not try to save the file again, you may also notice that your original source file has been deleted.
- Business Desk Does Not Work with MSXML 3.0
When you install Microsoft XML (MSXML) 3.0 in Replace mode, the Commerce Server Business Desk does not work properly.
- OFF97: DAO/Jet : Race Condition Causes Hang on Multiprocessor with Recordset
When executing on a multiprocessor system, using Data Access Objects (DAO) or JET methods to retrieve or update recordsets and Querydefs can produce a hang condition in the application.
- XL97: Excel 97 SR-2 Macro Modification Security Update (MS02-031)
The Microsoft Excel vulnerabilities that are outlined in the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-031 include the following two items that also apply to Excel 97: An Excel macro execution vulnerability that relates to how inline macros that are associated...
- FIX: Visual Studio cannot open a Web site if a duplicate Web site exists
Discusses the problem of Visual Studio 6.0 or Visual Studio .NET 2003 not being able to connect to a Web site if two Web sites share the same IP address, port, and host headers. Discusses a hotfix for Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- FIX: If you turn on optimization, your generated code may not be correct
If you turn on the /Og optimization, the /O1 optimization, or the /O2 optimization, the Generate Assembly instruction incorrectly loads the AL register value instead of the AH register value. Therefore, you may receive incorrect output from your...
- Oleaut32.msm May Cause Windows Installer Progress Dialog Box to Appear
After you install a Windows Installer-based setup package that uses the Oleaut32.msm file on Windows 2000 or Windows XP, a Windows Installer dialog box that shows a progress indicator may unexpectedly appear when programs are running. The...
- FIX: Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word That Have User Controls Stop Responding When You Save or Print
If you create a user control (.ocx) by using Microsoft Visual Basic, and then you embed the control in an Excel document or a Word document, when you try to save or print the document, you may receive an Access Violation. This problem may occur if...
- FIX: "Run-time error ‘1008’" when you run an application that was created by using Visual Studio 6.0 on Windows XP SP2
Discusses a hotfix for a problem where the Mswinsck.ocx Listen method fails on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.
- FIX: When You Edit Stored Procedures Under Source Control, Spaces Are Removed
When you check in stored procedures to Visual SourceSafe, the spaces are removed. This makes the Visual SourceSafe copy different from the SQL Server copy. This problem can cause build failures when you retrieve the stored procedures from Visual...
- Cannot Install Programs on Portuguese Brazilian Windows 95
When you run the Setup program for any of the products listed above on Portuguese Brazilian Windows 95 version 4.00.950 or 4.00.950a, you may receive the following error message and Setup may then end: This product ships with the matching...
- FIX: Mswcrun.msm Does Not Add Entries to Registry
When using Mswcrun.msm in a Windows Installer setup package, the associated registry entries needed for Mswcrun.dll may not be added correctly. Because Mswcrun.dll is not registered, applications that use the Microsoft Web Classes may not function...
- You may experience reduced performance in your client COM application with each instantiation of a .NET object
Fixes a problem where a client COM+ application runs slowly because the hash table size increases when you are running the .NET Framework 1.0 in Windows 2000.
- FIX: You cannot create objects on a remote COM+ partition by using the CreateObject method when the server name and the moniker are passed as parameters
Describes a problem that occurs when you try to create a remote object in a COM+ partition by using the CreateObject method. When you call the CreateObject method, you receive the "Error 463: class not registered on local machine" error message.
- Access Violation Occurs If You Call IADsTools from Visual Studio 6
If you call IADsTools from a Visual Studio 6 program, an access violation may occur. Service Pack Information Microsoft Windows 2000260910How to Obtain the Latest Windows 2000 Service PackTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for...
- FIX: Switching Tabs of SSTab Control May Cause Desktop to be Repainted
Switching tabs (setting the Tab property) of an SSTab control inside a loop may cause the Desktop and all of its children to be repainted (that is, all the windows appear to flicker). This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio (Visual Basic) 6.0...
- Deadlock May Occur When You Use Printer Object in a Multithreaded Application
When you use the Printer object in Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 in a multithreaded application [for example, in Microsoft COM+ (Dllhost.exe) or in Microsoft Internet Information Services (Inetinfo.exe)], a deadlock may occur. Microsoft Visual Studio...
- FIX: Visual C++ 6.0 MFC ActiveX control property pages in debug builds do not behave as expected in the Visual C++ .NET environment
Fixes a problem that occurs when you change the property pages in the debug build version of a MFC ActiveX control that was developed in Visual C++ 6.0. You may receive debug request messages.