Visual Studio 6.0 Solution Center
Troubleshooting - Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0
- INFO: Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 2 Readme
The Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 2 Readme file contains the following sections: Overview. Installation. Notes on Fixes. Finding More Information.
- PRB: Sharing a Centralized Database Diagram in Oracle Using the Data Tools
When trying to share a centralized database diagram within an Oracle database using different logins, users are unable to see and access the database diagram. NOTE: A strong knowledge of Oracle is recommended to understand the content of this article.
- PRB: SQL Server Debugging with Visual Studio Service Pack 5 Requires a Non-System Account
With Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 5 or later, SQL Server debugging cannot be performed when the SQL Server service is set to run under the Local System account. This is true regardless of whether SQL Server is local to the computer where Visual...
- PRB: Sending a Large Recordset Over a Slow Modem May Cause an Error Message on a Blue Screen
If you send a large recordset over a very slow modem line from a computer that is running Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows 98, you may receive the following error message on a blue screen:
- BUG: Opening an Access Repository in VCM Fails on Windows 95 and Windows 98 Computers When the .MDB Is Located on a Non-Local Network Share
When you attempt to open a non-local Microsoft Access repository database in Visual Component Manager (VCM) by specifying the share name that points to it, the following error message is generated on Microsoft Windows 95 and Microsoft Windows 98...
- PRB: Undocumented Filter Syntax for IReposQuery::GetCollection Method
The GetCollection method of the IReposQuery interface in SQL Server 2000 Metadata Services programming accepts a filter string to limit the collection that is returned. This filter string also accepts a special Implements() or InstanceOf() clause....
- PRB: Shared SQL Server Repository Option Unavailable in Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition
The option to create a shared SQL Server repository in Visual Component Manager is unavailable in the Professional Edition of Visual Basic 6.0.
- INFO: Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 1 Readme
The Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 1 Readme contains the following sections: Overview Installation Notes on Fixes Finding More Information
- PRB: Unable to Connect to VCM Database from Client with Older VCM
Repositories created in SQL Server 2000 by Visual Component Manager (VCM) on a computer that has the SQL Server 2000 server or client components installed cannot be accessed from a Visual Component Manager client on a computer without these components....
- FIX: You can still interact with Internet Explorer 7 when a Visual Basic 6.0 modal form is displayed from an ActiveX control in Internet Explorer 7
Describes a problem that occurs when Internet Explorer 7 is in theater mode. Describes a hotfix that resolves the problem.
- What is a DLL?
Describes what a DLL is and the various issues that occur when you use a DLL.
- BUG: AV May Occur When _ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES Is Defined in ATL Provider
An access violation (AV) may occur in the OLE DB Services layer whenever the _ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES macro is defined within an Active Template Library (ATL) provider. When this occurs, the following error message is usually reported from the OLE DB...
- PRB: COleServerDoc Calls CoLockObjectExternal When Displaying a View
If a Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) document view architecture-based executable file is automated, the view can be displayed to the user through Automation, usually by adding a Visible property that the client can set to TRUE, enabling the server...
- The values in the watch window are shown as Error when you debug with Visual Interdev 6.0
When you try to debug an application remotely from a client by using Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0, the values in the watch window are shown as .
- PRB: Unable to Collect Visual Studio Analyzer Events After Upgrading to Windows 2000
After you upgrade a computer that has Visual Studio Analyzer installed from Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Millennium Edition (Me) to Windows 2000, you are unable to collect events.
- List of bugs fixed in Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 4
This article contains a list of Microsoft Knowledge Base article numbers for bugs that are fixed in Visual Studio version 6.0 Service Pack 4. Service packs are cumulative. This means that the bugs fixed in a service pack are also fixed in subsequent...
- BUG: ACMSetup Causes an IPF in Kernel32 During Checking for Installed Components
While the message, "Setup is searching for installed components" is displayed during Visual Studio Setup, the following error message appears: When you click Details , this message appears:
- PRB: Installing Compaq Visual Fortran Changes the Visual Studio Help
Installing Compaq Visual Fortran changes the default Help file of Visual Studio. After installing Compaq Visual Fortran, using the Help menu in Visual Basic/Visual C++ or pressing F1 will bring up Help for Visual Fortran.
- BUG: SourceMachine and TargetMachine May Be Unavailable in the Graphic Filter Editor
When using Visual Studio Analyzer, machine names that appear in the SourceMachine or TargetMachine field in an event log might not be available for filtering in the graphical Filter Editor.
- BUG: Visual Studio SP3 Readme.htm File Points to Wrong Location for Updates
The Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3 Readme refers to updates that were not included in the service pack. The Readme.htm file incorrectly states that customers can go to the to obtain these updates.
- CDO for Windows 2000 Library reference is unavailable in Visual Basic Project
Provides a workaround for a scenario where CDOSYS is not available but CDOEX is.
- PRB: Using the Visual Studio 6.0 and Access 2000 Visual Database Tools with SQL Server 2000
SQL Server 2000 was released more than a year after Access 2000 and Visual Studio 6.0. As a result, the original versions of those products do not support some of the new features of SQL Server. When you attempt to design SQL Server 2000 databases with...
- BUG: A SQL Server database diagram appears to be blank after you install Visual Studio 6 Service Pack 6 or Visual Studio .NET 2003
Describes a problem that occurs when you try to open a SQL Server database diagram and the diagram appears to be blank. This problem occurs after you install Visual Studio 6 SP6 or Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- BUG: WinInet MFC HTTP Classes Report Assertion When You Call SetOption or QueryInfo
When you build the following code for the debug target, the SetOption method reports an assertion during run time: The assertion also occurs with the following code:
- BUG: Deleting Resources - Previous IDs Orphaned in Resource.h
When a resource is deleted, the resource ID remains in the Resource.h file. This could cause problems, such as duplicate IDs or a deleted resource that is displayed at runtime using the old ID. The compiler does not flag the unassigned resource IDs.