Support for Windows Millennium Edition (ME)
Download details - Windows Millennium Edition
- MS03-011: Flaw in the Microsoft VM could enable system compromise
The Microsoft VM is a virtual machine for the Win32operating environment. The Microsoft VM is shipped in most versions of Windows and in most versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer. A new security vulnerability has been reported that affects the...
- Exception 0E in Vredir error messages when you open network files
When you open several files that are stored in a shared folder on a network, your computer may generate one of following error messages on a blue screen, you may be unable to continue normally, and you may receive more error messages on blue screens if...
- "HIDSERV" Error Message After Hibernation with IBM Rapid Access III Keyboard
When you are using an IBM Rapid Access III keyboard, you may receive the following error message when you resume your computer from a hibernation state: After this occurs, the shortcut buttons at the top of the keyboard do not function.
- MS06-026: Vulnerability in the Graphics Rendering Engine could allow remote code execution
Describes a vulnerability in the Graphics Rendering Engine that could allow remote code execution and the Security Bulletin that corrects the issue.
- Exception 0E in Vredir.vxd during CoCreateInstanceEx() on remote DCOM server
If your network is set up as a workgroup, you have a drive mapped to a Microsoft Windows NT-based server, and you run a Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) program that attempts to start a remote server component on the Windows NT-based server,...
- MS03-008: Flaw in Windows Script Engine may allow code to run
An attacker may exploit a vulnerability in Windows Script Engine by constructing a Web page that, when visited by a user, runs code of the attacker’s choice with user credentials. The attacker can host the Web page on a Web site or send the page...
- MS03-044: Buffer overrun in Windows Help and Support Center could lead to system compromise
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS03-044. The security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security patch, including file manifest information and deployment options. To view the complete security bulletin, visit the...
- MS04-016: Vulnerability in DirectPlay could allow denial of service
Resolves a newly discovered, privately reported vulnerability in the implementation of the IDirectPlay4 application programming interface (API) of Microsoft DirectPlay that could allow an attacker to cause a DirectPlay program to fail.
- MS03-030: Unchecked Buffer in DirectX Could Enable System Compromise
DirectX is made up of a set of low-level Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that is used by Windows programs for multimedia support. The DirectShow technology in DirectX performs client-side audio and video sourcing, manipulation, and rendering....
- Cannot Browse Network Neighborhood if PDC Is on Separate Subnet
If your Microsoft Windows NT Server-based Primary Domain Controller (PDC) is on a separate subnet and you double-click Entire Network in the Network Neighborhood window, you may receive the following error message: Also, if you try to use the "net...
- AOL files are removed from Windows File Protection in Windows XP and Windows Millennium Edition
At America Online's (AOL) request, Microsoft has removed some AOL files from the list of files that Windows File Protection (WFP) helps protect. AOL will redistribute this update with the latest version of the AOL software. Microsoft should not have to...
- 1394 Host Controller Driver Does Not Retry Busy Devices Properly
You may be unable to connect to an IEEE 1394 High Performance Serial Bus-compliant device, such as a digital camera.
- Fix for Exposed Passwords in Compressed Files
Windows Millennium Edition (Me) and Plus! 98 provide a data compression feature that provides the ability to password protect a compressed file. However, under certain conditions, the password may be recorded in a file on your computer.
- Checkpoints that you create after September 8, 2001 do not restore your computer
When you try to restore a checkpoint that you created after September 8, 2001 in Windows Millennium Edition, the restoration does not work after you restart your computer. You may also receive the following error message:
- A spindown request does not spin down a hard disk on a Windows Millennium Edition-based computer
Fixes a problem that may occur if you have installed the hotfix that is described in Knowledge Base article 302103.
- The Mofcomp Tool Does Not Work When You Try to Run the Tool from a CD-ROM
If you try to run the Mofcomp tool (Mofcomp.exe) from a read-only volume, such as a CD-ROM, you may receive the following error message when you try to process .mof files:
- Device Manager Reports Code 10 for Device and Does Not Assign an Available IRQ
When you insert a Personal Computer Memory Card International Association (PCMCIA) adapter or add a new device, the device may appear in Device Manager with a black exclamation point (!) on a yellow field. The device properties may indicate a status of...
- Session Data Is Lost During POST to GET Redirect
When a program calls the Urlmon.dll dynamic-link library (DLL) file to obtain the associated file data for a page that is redirected from a POST, the Wininet.dll DLL file performs a second GET to the server on a new session. The additional GET request...
- ScanDisk Runs Even Though Windows Shut Down Correctly
Although Windows may seem to shut down correctly, ScanDisk may run the next time you start the computer.
- Cannot Wake Computer from Standby with USB
After you insert and eject a 16-bit PC Card or ATA PC Card, your computer may not wake up from Standby mode if you use a Universal Serial Bus (USB) keyboard or mouse to wake the computer.
- PPTP clients cannot connect to a PPTP server that has multiple IP addresses
When you connect to a Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) server from a PPTP client computer, the connection may not succeed, and you may receive one of the following error messages, depending on the version of Microsoft Windows that you are...
- MS05-037: Vulnerability in JView Profiler could allow remote code execution
This update resolves a newly-discovered, public vulnerability. The JView Profiler, when instantiated in Internet Explorer, contains a remote code execution vulnerability that could allow an attacker to take complete control of the computer.
- Update to MS04-023 for HTML Help programs
Fixes a problem where some programs may not work correctly with HTML Help after the MS04-023 update is installed. Also fixes a problem where pre-release versions of Windows XP SP2 remain subject to HTML Help vulnerabilities.
- MS02-048: Flaw in Certificate Enrollment Control May Cause Digital Certificates to Be Deleted
The versions of Microsoft Windows that are listed in the "Applies to" section of this article include an ActiveX control that is known as the Certificate Enrollment control. This control is located in the Xenroll.dll binary. Windows uses this control...
- MS00-047: NetBIOS Vulnerability May Cause Duplicate Name on the Network Conflicts
Microsoft has released a patch that improves the ability of an administrator to protect against denial-of-service attacks against Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000-based computers. The NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NBT) protocols are, by design, unauthenticated...