Support for Microsoft Commerce Server 2009 R2, 2009, 2007, 2002
how-to articles - Microsoft Commerce Server
- Commerce Installation: Configuration, Deployment, and Migration
This Advisory Services scenario is designed to assist customers who have issues regarding Commerce Server Installation, Configuration, Deployment and/or Migration.
- Commerce Sample Code/Prototype Development
This Advisory Services scenario is designed to assist customers who are seeking assistance on sample code, or coding guidance to use Commerce Server API or to use Commerce Server features to accomplish very specific scoped tasks. This advisory service...
- Commerce Server Performance
Microsoft Professional Advisory Services is a support option that provides short-term, proactive, consultative support beyond break-fix product maintenance needs. This includes working with the same technician for assistance with issues like product...
- Description of support for SQL replication of the profiles database and of the transactions database when you run Commerce Server 2007 Service Pack 1 together with SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2
This article describes the Commerce Server 2007 support for SQL replication of the profiles and transactions databases in SQL Server 2005 SP2.
- INF: List of Bugs Fixed by Commerce Server 2000 Service Packs
This article provides information on the bugs that are fixed by Commerce Server 2000 service packs. Service packs are cumulative, so bugs that are fixed in one service pack are also fixed in subsequent service packs. For example, the bugs that are...
- How To Enable Pipeline Logging in Commerce Server
To assist with the development or troubleshooting of a pipeline, you can enable pipeline logging to view information being processed.
- How to obtain the latest Commerce Server 2002 service pack
Service packs are the means by which Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 bug fixes are distributed. Service packs keep Commerce Server 2002 current, and they also extend and update the functionality of your computer. Service packs are cumulative--each new...
- HOW TO: Submit Orders to Microsoft BizTalk Server from Commerce Server 2000
This article describes the steps to configure Commerce Server 2000 sites to submit purchase orders through BizTalk Server 2000. NOTE : The information in this article is for users who have BizTalk Server and Commerce Server 2000 installed on the same...
- Microsoft Site Server 2.0 Statement of Supportability
As of April 27th, 1999, Microsoft will stop producing hotfixes and service packs for both Microsoft Site Server version 2.0 and Microsoft Site Server version 2.0, Enterprise Edition. The following version 2.0 components are effected: Commerce Server...
- "Cannot Execute Script" Running OPP
Q. I am getting a "Cannot Execute Script" error while running the Order Processing Pipeline (OPP). What should I do? A. First, check the OPP log to determine the stage where the script is failing. Then, check the script for any changes you may have...
- Session-Level Data and Scalability Information
Q. How do I scale Commerce Server, and can I use Session-level data?
- INF: How To Create a Shorter Order ID
Microsoft Commerce Server 2.0 creates a 26 character order ID for each shopper's order. This order ID is a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) generated by the Windows NT system, and is difficult for hackers to guess. However, some merchants have a...
- Commerce 2.0 OPP Components Not Supported in Transaction Server
Microsoft Commerce Server 2.0 Order Processing Pipeline(OPP) components are not supported with Microsoft Transaction Server.
- Performance Characteristics of the Datasource Object vs. ADODB
Q. What are the performance characteristics of using the Datasource object versus using ADODB? Are there specific advantages to using one over the other?
- What Databases Can Be Used with Commerce Server
You can use any ODBC version 2.5 compliant relational database management system (RDBMS) with Microsoft Commerce Server version 2.0. However, Commerce Server uses ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) for data retrieval and storage from the RDBMS. You must make...
- Default Behavior for Open Visits Changed for Commerce Server
In Site Server 3.0 Analysis, requests for open visits are stored in a local cache in Microsoft Site Server\Data\Analysis\Cache. In the Commerce Server Data Warehouse (DW), requests for open visits are imported into the Data Warehouse, and a log file is...
- Supported Date/Time Format for Data Warehouse
In Commerce Server 2000, the Data Warehouse supports only the following format for the Date/Time field: YYYYMMDD hhmmss
- How to Route Customers to Their Basket When They Click the Add Item to Basket Button
By default, when a customer clicks the Add Item to Basket button on one of your Commerce Server product pages (product.asp), the customer is returned to the product page after the item is added to their basket. A message below the Add Item to Basket...
- You may experience multiple 0x800CCC13 errors when you run a Direct Mailer service against a local SMTP server by using sockets in Commerce Server 2002
Describes a problem that occurs when one computer houses both the SMTP client and the SMTP server.
- You cannot import the TIME_TAKEN field values from the extended IIS logging properties of the IIS log
Describes a problem that occurs when you cannot import the TIME_TAKEN field values from the extended IIS logging properties of the IIS log. Includes a workaround to resolve the problem.
- How to troubleshoot Commerce Server Staging (CSS) issues in Commerce Server 2007
Describes general troubleshooting tips that you can use before you contact Microsoft Product Support Services.
- The Windows service accounts that are required to run the optional Commerce Server 2007 application services
Describes the optional Commerce Server 2007 application services and the service accounts that are required to run the application services.
- How To Change Site Status and Specify Redirect Page in Commerce Server
Microsoft Site Server Commerce Edition 3.0 allows the site manager to specify a page that users see when the site is unavailable (for example, when the site is closed for maintenance). Although Commerce Server does not include this feature, the...
- How to read the Flags value in the registry for Commerce Server Staging projects that run on Commerce Server 2007
Describes a way to set a Flags value from the command line. Also describes how to read the Flags value for every CSS project. Includes all the possible Flags values.
- How to troubleshoot database connection issues between Commerce Server and SQL Server
Describes how to troubleshoot and how to resolve database connection issues in Commerce Server.