MSN Money Solution Center
how-to articles - MSN Money
- How to change or remove the e-mail address that you use to sign in to Money
Describes how to change or remove the e-mail address that you use to sign in to Money.
- Frequently asked questions about MSN Money Investing
Lists the frequently asked question about MSN Money Investing, Portfolio, and related topics.
- Information about the source of quotes and other investment data for MSN Money Investing and Money
This article describes where the products listed in the beginning of this article get stock quote information.
- Some areas save preferences and other settings as "cookies" on your computer's hard disk when you access the MSN Money Web site
When you access the MSN Money Web site, some areas save preferences and other settings as "cookies" on your computer's hard disk. This article describes these cookies.
- Limited information is available for OTC or other special securities types in MSN Money
Limited information is available in MSN Money Investing for Over-The-Counter (OTC) and other special securities such as Preferred, Warrants, Units, and When Issued shares. Quotes for most OTC and other special securities that are traded in the United...
- How to track employee stock options in your Portfolio in Microsoft Money or in MSN Money
Describes how to work with employee stock option grants and how to show both market value and vested value of the stock.
- How to advertise on the MSN Money Web site
This article describes how to advertise on the MSN Money Web site.
- Money: How to handle stock mergers or spin-offs in Money
Microsoft Money and MSN Money do not have a specific way to handle mergers or stock spin-offs. An example of a spin-off is when for every share of XYZ Corporation you own, you receive n shares of ZYX Company. An example of a merger is when each share...
- On Balance Volume Index calculation in MSN Money
This article defines the On Balance Volume Index and explains how it is calculated.
- How to remove an investment from Money
This article describes how to delete individual investments from the list of investments tracked by Microsoft Money or by MSN Money.
- Brokerage firms available online in MSN Money
This article describes how to find which brokers you can use for online trading in MSN Money Investing.
- What's new in the latest MSN Money Investing ActiveX controls
This article describes the changes made in the latest update of the ActiveX controls for MSN Money Investing. The update contains changes made to the Portfolio Manager, Historical Charting, and the Stock/Fund Screener software.
- How to switch between the Deluxe Portfolio and the Essentials Portfolio in MSN Money
Describes how to switch between the Portfolio choices in MSN Money.
- How to create a new blank portfolio or re-create a new local file by using Portfolio data from MSN Money
Describes different ways to start by using a new blank portfolio without losing your information.
- How to enter and track a bond in your MSN Money Investing portfolio
Describes how to add, track, and change prices on bonds in your Investment Portfolio.
- How to track unlisted investments by using the MSN Money Portfolio Manager
Describes how to work with unlisted investments such as bonds in MSN Money Portfolio Manager.
- How to track cash transactions with your MSN Money Investing Portfolio
Explains how to track cash transactions with your MSN Money Investing Portfolio.
- How to remove the MSN shared stock list account from MSN Portfolio
Describes the shared stock list, how to use the shared stock list, and how to turn off the stock list.
- How to add payment accounts to your MSN Bill Payment service
Discusses how to add additional financial institution accounts to your MSN Bill Pay account.
- How to include the CNBC Ticker in your Web by using SharePoint Designer 2007, Expression Web, or FrontPage 2003
Explains how to add custom HTML code to your page to display the CNBC Ticker. This article provides programming examples to illustrate this behavior. You may receive a security warning that prompts you to install the CNBC Ticker when you preview.
- How to find symbols for preferred and other investment types in Microsoft Money and in MSN Money
Becuase there is no standard symbol format used among all brokerages and exchanges, to update quotes/prices for some investment types (such as preferred stock, warrants, stock options, etc), you have to find the symbol that MSN Money uses.
- The MSN Money cost basis may differ from the Money cost basis in the Portfolio
MSN Investor and Microsoft Money may calculate different cost basis values for your investments.
- How to obtain quotes for stock options
This article describes how use Microsoft Money or the Investing section of MSN Money to find ticker symbols and quotes for stock options. Employee Stock Options use the main symbol of the company. Choose the Employee Stock Option type when you...
- How to obtain quotes for non-US securities in MSN Money
This article describes how to obtain quotes for non-United States securities. Specifically, securities from the following countries: AustraliaCanadaFranceGermanyGreat BritainItalyJapanNetherlandsSpainSweden Shares in non-U.S. companies are often...
- How to find Mutual Fund symbols in MSN Money Investing
This article describes how to look up a ticker symbol for a Mutual Fund. To look up your Mutual Fund's ticker symbol, follow these steps: In MSN Money Investing, click Funds.Click Find, and then click Symbols.On the Funds tab, type the name of the...