MSN Money Solution Center
Troubleshooting - MSN Money
- You receive an error message when you try to sell an investment in Money
When you try to sell an investment in Microsoft Money, you receive an error message that is similar to one of the following:
- How to change the font size in MSN Money Investing
When you use MSN Money Investing, the font is too small or too large.
- Mutual fund shows negative composition percent in MSN Money
When you view the composition of a mutual fund, you may see negative values for the field and the field in MSN Money Investing.
- How to troubleshoot problems with investment quotes
Describes how to troubleshoot an issue in which you cannot update online quotes in Microsoft Money or in MSN Money.
- "Your security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls" error message occurs when you try to view the MSN Money Investing Web page
Describes an issue that may occur if the security setting is configured too high in Internet Explorer.
- The contents are missing, incorrect, or old in MSN Money Portfolio Manager
Describes the issues that may occur when you view your portfolio in MSN Money Investing.
- How to remove and reinstall the MSN Money Investing components
Describes how to install the Active X Controls and what to do if you have JScript problems or if you receive a "No Quotes Available" error message.
- Crash in "inv15.ocx" or "myisam05.dll" when you try to open your portfolio, view charts, or access the Custom Stock/Fund Screener in MSN Money
Describes a problem in Money programs. This problem occurs when you sign in or start the program.
- The account password does not work when you try to connect to your financial account through MSN Money or through Microsoft Money
Describes an issue that occurs when the incorrect password is used. Provides a resolution.
- You cannot synchronize data between Microsoft Money and MSN Money
Describes the steps to take when you cannot synchronize Microsoft Money with MSN Money.
- "MSN Money Software Installation Error" error message in MSN Money Investing Portfolio
When you try to open the MSN Money Investing Portfolio Manager, you receive the following error message: The portfolio does not open. TIP : Click the link that says, under the error message. This will open the MSN Money Help topic for this subject.
- "MSN Money cannot save your Portfolio to the server at this time" error message in MSN Money Portfolio Manager
Describes an error message that you receive when you open or close MSN Money Portfolio and the steps to resolve the problem.
- "We were unable to update your account" error message when you try to update account information in MSN Money
When you use My Accounts in MSN Money, you may not be able to update your account, and you may receive the following error message, where is the name of your financial institution:
- How to use MSN Money error codes to troubleshoot problems that you may experience with online accounts
Discusses how to troubleshoot errors that occur with Money accounts that are stored on MSN Money servers.
- MSN Money Investing data contains inaccurate company name or other data
This article explains why MSN Money Investing data may contain inaccurate data such as the company name. When MSN Money Investing updates your security information, it returns all the information that is available from our data providers....
- Quotes are not returned for some ticker symbols on MSN Money or in Money
Describes how to correct ticker symbols and company name changes in MSN Money Investing.
- The prices may not automatically update in MSN Money Investing or in Money when you download securities from your broker
When you download securities from your broker, the prices may not automatically update in MSN Money Investing or in Microsoft Money. This issue may occur if your broker uses a different ticker symbol than the symbol Money and MSN Money Investing...
- How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to install the MSN Money Investment Toolbox
When you try to install the Investment Toolbox (Portfolio Manager, Charting, or Screener tools) at MSN Money, you experience the following symptoms: You see a frame that contains only either a red "X" or a small square icon. You receive the following...
- Today's Total Change Column for mutual funds is not updated in MSN Money
In Portfolio Manager in MSN Money, Today's Total Change remains blank while the market is open. Also the Change column and the %Change column for mutual funds show the change and the percent change based upon the Previous Close and the Close from...
- Splits and dividends do not update automatically in MSN Money or in the Portfolio in Money
Describes how to resolve issues with splits and dividends when they do not update as expected.
- Nothing happens when you click the "I See The Chart" link
When you download the MSN Money Investing ActiveX controls, the Web page displays a chart when the download is finished. If you click the I See The Chart link before you actually see the chart, the installation of the controls may be incomplete.
- The payable date for a dividend may be incorrect when you view dividend information in the Portfolio or in the Investment register in Money
Resolves in issue that occurs where the payable date for a dividend is incorrect in MSN Money Investing.
- No results in Fund Screener for brokerage availability in MSN Money
The MSN Money Investing Fund Screener may not list the brokerage availability correctly for funds available from specific brokerages. This is exhibited in two possible ways. There will either be no results at all or all mutual funds are listed but...