Support for Microsoft Project and Project Server
how-to articles - Project Server
- HOW TO: View the Installation Log Files and Create Verbose Installation Log Files in Microsoft Project
When you install Microsoft Project 2002, the Setup program automatically generates installation log files that contain detailed installation information. This article explains how to view these log files, and how to create more detailed, or...
- HOW TO: Determine Whether You Have a Retail or Enterprise Edition of Microsoft Project
This step-by-step article explains the differences between the Retail and Enterprise editions of Microsoft Project 2002, and describes how you can determine which edition is installed on your computer. How to Determine Whether You Have a Retail or...
- HOW TO: Upgrade Project Central Database 2000 to Microsoft Project Server 2002
You can update the Microsoft Project Central database when you install Microsoft Project Server. This article explains how to upgrade the database. NOTE : Upgrading an existing Microsoft Project Central installation requires that you convert the...
- The location of Readme files that are included with Project 2003 and Project Server 2003
Describes where to find the Readme files that are included with Project 2003 and Project Server 2003. Provides steps to view a list of the Readme files.
- How to view the installation log files and create verbose installation log files in Project 2003 and in Project Server 2003
Describes how to view the installation log files and how to create more detailed, verbose installation log files in Project 2003 and in Project Server 2003.
- Unsafe functions in Office XP Web Components
Describes the Web Components Contains several ActiveX controls that give users limited functionality of Office in a Web browser. The control contains three security vulnerabilities that may be exploited either by means of a Web site or HTML mail.
- How to configure the IIS Lockdown Tool and the URLScan Security Tool with Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Project Central
Explains how to configure the IIS Lockdown Tool and how to configure the URLScan.ini file for Microsoft Project Central and for Microsoft Project Server. Requires that you test your configuration in a secure test environment.
- How to troubleshoot issues with Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) Cubes when working with Microsoft Project Server
This article contains general troubleshooting steps to help resolve the following issues: Building Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cubesCreating and Accessing viewsConnecting to Analysis Services To troubleshoot OLAP issues, you must gather...
- Description of the new naming schema for Office software update packages
Describes a standardized naming schema for all software update packages for Office that are created and distributed by Microsoft. The new naming schema goes into effect for all software update packages in May, 2003.
- PSRV2002: How to Install and Configure SharePoint Team Services for Project Server on Microsoft Windows Server 2003
This article describes how to install and how to configure the SharePoint Configuration Wizard (Stswiz.exe) for use with Microsoft Project Server 2002 on Microsoft Windows Server 2003. This article contains the following steps to connect...
- How to use the Site Editor tool to create multiple Microsoft Project Web Access Web sites for Project Server 2003
Explains how to use the Site Editor tool to make changes to the existing configuration, to delete a site, and how to add a new site, for use with Project Server 2003.
- How to use the Site Editor utility to create multiple Microsoft Project Web Access Web sites for Microsoft Project Server
Explains how to use the Site Editor utility (Editsite.exe) to create multiple Microsoft Project Web Access Web sites and how to connect to the new Microsoft Project Web Access Web site. Requires that users are familiar with the Windows registry.
- Description of Project Data Service and Microsoft Project Server Security Architecture
The Project Data Service (PDS) is a component of Microsoft Project 2002 and Microsoft Project 2003. Clients such as Microsoft Project Professional, Microsoft Project Web Access, or a client written by a solution-provider developer all access the...
- How to install SharePoint Portal Server 2003, Windows SharePoint Services, and Project Server 2003 on the same server
Describes how to install Project Server 2003, SharePoint Portal Server 2003, and Windows SharePoint Services on the same server.
- How to obtain the Microsoft Project 2002 Training Courseware
Explains that how to download Microsoft Project 2002 Training Courseware from the Microsoft Download Center. Lists an index of the lessons in each module of the training courseware.
- Description of Enterprise Implementation Framework (EIF) for Project Professional 2000 and Project Server 2000
Provides an overview of Enterprise Implementation Framework (EIF) for Project Professional 2000 and Project Server 2000. Explains how to download EIF and where to obtain useful reference information.
- PRJ2002: New Development and Automation Features in the Microsoft Project 2002 Family of Products
The following MSDN-based articles describe new features and changes in development and automation for the Microsoft Project 2002 family of products. What's New for Developers in Microsoft Project...
- Overview of Microsoft Project Server Security Architecture
The Microsoft Project enterprise management and resource management features include the following products: Microsoft Project Professional Microsoft Project Server Microsoft Project Web Access Microsoft Project Server includes an enhanced set of...
- Overview of Microsoft Project Server architecture and extensibility
The Microsoft Project Server database architecture is a superset of the database schemas used in Microsoft Project 2000 and Microsoft Project Central. It features increased scalability, increased performance, and other increased functionality....
- PRJ2002: Overview of the Microsoft Project Enterprise Project Management Solution
The Microsoft Project 2002 enterprise project management solution features enterprise project and resource management functionality. The solution includes the following products: Microsoft Project Server 2002 Microsoft Project Web Access 2002...
- PSRV2002: How to Create Multiple OLAP Cubes in Microsoft Project Server
This article discusses some considerations and limitations that apply when you build Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cubes in Microsoft Project Server. Microsoft Project Server uses one OLAP cube at a time and does not support the simultaneous...
- PSRV2002: Database Requirements for Microsoft Project Server
Microsoft Project Server supports Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Microsoft Database Engine (MSDE) 2000 or later. To use the enterprise features of Microsoft Project Professional and Microsoft Project Server, you must use SQL Server 2000. SQL Server...
- PRJ2000: How to Move the Project Central Database from a Project Server to an SQL Server
This article describes how to move a Microsoft Project Central database from a Microsoft Project Server-based computer to a Microsoft SQL Server. To move the Microsoft Project Central database from a Project Server-based computer to an SQL Server,...
- How to provision SharePoint Web sites for Project Server 2002
Discusses how to provision SharePoint Team Services and configure it for Project Server 2000. Explains how to create a folder for the new Web site, create the Web site, extend the new SharePoint Web site, and Run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard.
- OFFXP: General Information About Licensing and Using Office XP Web Components
This article discusses the licensing and use of Microsoft Office XP Web Components. If you create a Web page that contains an Office XP Web component, the component is not visible to visitors to your site unless they install the Office XP Web...