Support for Microsoft Project and Project Server
Troubleshooting - Project Server
- PSVR2002: OLAP: Web Access Cube Generation Fails with VBScript Error
When you click Update Now in Microsoft Project Web Access to build an OLAP cube, you may receive a VBScript error message similar to the following: Request Status: 15 This problem may occur if there are an extremely large number of task changes.
- You receive an error message when you use Project 2003 to open a project that is stored in Microsoft Project 2002
Describes an issue where an enterprise component, such as a project or the Enterprise Resource Pool, opens as read-only when you use Project Professional 2003 to open an enterprise component in Project 2003.
- Project Center view takes longer than expected to display projects in Microsoft Project Web Access
Describes the problem where the Project Center view takes longer than expected to display the contents of a Project Server 2003 database in Project Web Access.
- You receive "Cannot obtain WSS item tp_ID" error message when you try to connect to a workspace in Project Server 2003
Describes how you may receive a "Cannot obtain WSS item tp_ID" error message when you connect to a workspace in Project Server 2003 through Sharepoint services. To work around this problem, you can manually configure the properties for the subsite.
- "0X8C040017" error message when you publish a project to Project Server 2003 or to Microsoft Project Server 2002
Describes an issue in Microsoft Project Server where you receive the "0X8C040017" error message when you publish a project. This issue may occur if the Project Managers group does not have the correct permissions to create resource accounts.
- "The user or group '<UserNameOrGroupName>' is unknown" error message when you connect Microsoft Project Server 2003 to a server that is running Windows SharePoint Services
Describes an error message that you may receive when you try to connect Microsoft Project Server to a server that is running Windows SharePoint Services.
- You receive the "Error when creating site. Site does not seem to exist" in Project Server 2003
Describes the "Error when creating site. Site does not seem to exist" error message that you receive in Project Server 2003.
- PSVR2002: Error Message When You Create a New Model
When you try to create a new model in Microsoft Project Web Access (PWA) by using the portfolio modeler on a database that has a large number of projects, you may receive the following error message: Modeling Server Unreachable on servernameUnable...
- You receive a "0x8C040028" or a "0x80004005" error message when you publish a project plan to the Microsoft Project Server Web site
Describes the error messages that you receive when you publish a project plan to the Microsoft Project Server Web site.
- PSVR2002: Pivot Table Does Not Work and Project Server Stops Responding
In Microsoft Project Web Access (PWA), when you try to access the Portfolio Analyzer and use the Pivot Table functionality on a Novell authenticated only network, you may experience the following symptoms: Project Server 2002 may stop...
- PSVR2002: Cannot Access Issues or Documents After You Apply a Hotfix
After you apply the Project Server 2002 hotfix for 306290 or later hotfix releases, you may no longer be able to access issues or documents in Microsoft Project Web Access. When you try to access an issue or document, you may receive the following...
- "Unexpected Error" Error Message When You Try to Run the STSWiz.exe File
When you try to run the STSWiz.exe file from the Microsoft Project Server 2002 CD-ROM to installed Microsoft SharePoint Team Services, you may receive the following error message: Unexpected error This problem occurs because an outdated version of...
- "XML document must have a top level element" error message when you create a new site or when you synchronize users in Project Server 2003
Discusses a scenario where you receive error messages when you create a new site or synchronize users. This problem occurs if the locale of the Windows SharePoint Services site does not match the language of the site template in Project Web Access...
- RBS values are unexpectedly missing after you install Microsoft Project Server 2002 Service Pack 1
Describes a problem that occurs in Microsoft Project Server 2002 where RBS values are reset to use NULL values when you check out the Enterprise Resource Pool after you install Microsoft Project Server 2002 Service Pack 1.
- Error messages that you receive when you update a task for a Project Server 2003 project plan in Microsoft Project Web Access
Describes a problem that occurs where you receive an error message when you try to submit an update to a Project Server 2003 project plan in Microsoft Project Web Access.
- PRJ2002: The "Open from Project Server" Dialog Box Does Not Support Multiple-Project Selection
Under certain circumstances, you may want to create a temporary master project based on other projects that have a similar value for the Enterprise Outline Code. However, when you try to select multiple projects with which to create the temporary...
- PSVR2002: Duplicate Projects Appear in Project Web Access
After you start Microsoft Project Web Access and click Project , existing projects may appear to be duplicated. This symptom may occur if you use the Save As command on an enterprise project to save it in a non-connected format such as mdb, xls,...
- SharePoint Team Services admin operation in Microsoft Project Web Access does not work
Fixes an issue where you may experience unexpected error messages when you perform some admin operations in Microsoft Project Web Access. You can work around this problem by installing Internet Explorer 6.0 or a later version.
- "Error 5001" error message when you try to log on to Project Server 2003 by using Project Professional 2003 or by using Microsoft Project Web Access
Explains that you may receive an "Error 5001" error message when you try to log on to Project Server 2003 if there is a problem with the MSProjectUser account and the MSProjectServerUser account.
- Description of the Project Server 2003 hotfix package: February 13, 2004
Describes the Project Server 2003 hotfix package that is dated February 13, 2004.
- Description of Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 hotfix package: January 16, 2004
Describes the hotfix package for Project Server 2003 that is dated January 16, 2004.
- Description of the Microsoft Project Server 2002 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package: July 16, 2004
Describes the issues that are fixed in the Microsoft Project Server 2002 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated July 16, 2004.
- PRJ2002: Work Duration Is Calculated By Eight Hours per Day, Even if Working Hours Are Changed
After you change the length of a working day on a project (for example to create a five-hour work day), when you log into Project Web Access (PWA), click Projects , and then view the Duration field, PWA still calculates working hours based on an...
- PSRV2002: Timephase %Complete for Non-Working Days Is Not Calculated When You Update Actual Work from Project Web Access
If you enter actual work on days that are defined as non-working days in the Task Usage view from Microsoft Project Web Access, Timephased %Complete on the non-working days may be empty or might not be calculated correctly in the project. This...
- Description of the Project Server 2003 post-Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix package: August 18, 2004
Describes the issues that are fixed in the Project Server 2003 post-Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix package that is dated August 18, 2004.