Your battery has been partially charged at the factory, but you may need to recharge it before you can turn the phone on for the first time.
Make sure you use a compatible USB charger to charge your phone. The charger may be sold separately.
- Plug a compatible charger into a wall outlet, and connect the cable to your phone.
- When the battery is full, disconnect the charger from the phone, then from the wall outlet.
You don't need to charge the battery for a specific length of time, and you can use the phone while it's charging.
If the battery is completely discharged, it may take several minutes before the charging indicator is displayed.
Tip: You can charge your phone using your PC's USB port when a wall outlet is not available. Data can be transferred while charging the device. The efficiency of USB charging power varies significantly, and it may take a long time for charging to start and the device to start functioning.
To charge using PC's USB port:
- Make sure your computer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable first to the computer, then to your phone.
- When the battery is full, first disconnect the USB cable from your phone, then from the computer.
The battery can be charged and discharged hundreds of times, but it will eventually wear out. When the talk and standby times are noticeably shorter than normal, replace the battery.
Article ID: 10522 - Last Review: 17 Mei 2016 - Revision: 15