For most people, in most regions
- Sign in to Your info on the Microsoft account website.
- Select Edit date of birth.
- Change your birthdate, and select Save.
For child accounts, in some regions
If the birthdate on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online.
I'm a parent, trying to change my child's birthdate
- Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your account on account.microsoft.com/family.
- Select Manage my child's profile info at the bottom of the Your family page.
- In the Manage permissions page of the child’s account that you want to change, at the right, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.
Note: If your child’s birthdate is incorrect but they're listed as an adult, they’ll need to sign in and update it using the steps for an adult account.
For help with age verification, see Age verification and parental consent.