App publishers sometimes update their apps to add new features and fix problems. Microsoft Store on Windows can automatically install app updates.
For Windows 10
- Select the Start screen, then select Microsoft Store.
- In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select Settings.
- Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to On.
For Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
- On the Start screen, select Store to open the Store.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)
- Tap or click App updates.
- Make sure Automatically update my apps is set to Yes.