NOTE: This FAQ was updated on April 15, 2015.
Effective April 15, 2015, all information about Microsoft hardware warranties can be found here:
- For Surface warranty information see this site.
- For Microsoft mobile device warranty information see this site.
- For XBOX One warranty information see this site.
- For XBOX 360 warranty information see this site.
- For Microsoft PC accessory warranty information see this site.
- For MS Band warranty information see this site.
Microsoft software running on Microsoft hardware continues to be supported according to the existing Microsoft Lifecycle Policy.
The Microsoft Lifecycle for the software that is built into (“embedded”) or is necessary for the use of the device, such as firmware and drivers, follows the Microsoft warranty for the respective device.
Beyond hardware-specific software, the Microsoft software that is installable onto a hardware device, such as the Windows operating system running on a Surface device, follows the associated Microsoft Lifecycle.
The information on this page is subject to the Microsoft Policy Disclaimer and Change Notice. Return to this site periodically to review any such changes.