- You uploaded a video to a Microsoft Office 365 Video channel.
- The video file uses one of the following file-name extensions:
- The video finished processing.
Note The original user who uploaded the video can confirm that the video finished processing by browsing to the My Videos section of the channel. If the video is available for playback, processing has finished.
- You browse to the channel.
In this scenario, the video isn't present in either the Newest or Popular channel section.
Note Office 365 Video will be replaced by Microsoft Stream. To learn more about the new enterprise video service that adds intelligence to video collaboration and learn about the transition plans for current Office 365 Video customers, visit this FAQ: https://stream.microsoft.com/documentation/stream-migrate-from-o365.
- Rename the file name extension to .mp4, and then re-upload the video to the site.
- Have the original user who uploaded the video browse to the My Videos section of the channel, open the video, and then share the URL of the video page with users who want to view the video.
Article ID: 3020646 - Last Review: 19 Jun 2017 - Revision: 2