You can set Microsoft Store to require a password when you make purchases. This helps prevent you or anyone sharing your device from buying something accidentally.
- Open Microsoft Store , select More in the upper right corner of your screen, and then choose Settings.
- Under Purchase sign-in, turn off I want to buy without a password, for faster checkout.
- Repeat these steps for each device you share.
To help prevent unauthorized purchases from your console, you can set it to ask for the password every time you buy something.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide, then select System > Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey. To help protect your account, you may be asked to enter your password.
Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
- Scroll right and select Customize.
- Scroll right and select Ask for my passkey to make purchases.
Select Passkey required.
- To cancel any Microsoft subscription, including Xbox Live or Office 365, see Cancel or turn off recurring billing for a Microsoft subscription. To cancel a purchase, see Cancel an order or pre-order from Microsoft Store.
- See a Microsoft purchase on your bank or credit card statement that you don’t recognize? Sign in to your Order history with your Microsoft account to review your orders. If you have more than one Microsoft account, sign in to each one to check your order history. If there’s an accidental or unauthorized purchase on your account, you can request a refund.
- If you think someone else is using your account, learn how to get back into your Microsoft account if it's been compromised and how to help protect your Microsoft account from fraudulent activity. If there's a problem with your password, see How to reset your Microsoft account password.
- If you let your child use your credit card or other payment method to buy stuff on their account, you can Keep track of your child's Microsoft Store purchases. Get more info about how to require adult approval for the things your child wants to buy in Microsoft Store on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices.