Microsoft Launcher brings popular Microsoft apps and services to your Android device, including Microsoft family features. With Microsoft Launcher installed on your family's devices, you can see your kids' locations on a map and get reports about app activity (apps they open)—with more cool features coming soon.
Family features are available in Microsoft Launcher version 4.10 or higher. Kids' devices need Android version 5.0 or higher for Activity reporting to work.
How to set up family features
- Install Microsoft Launcher on your Android device. Download it from the Google Play Store on your device.
- During the Microsoft Launcher set up, sign in with your adult Microsoft account.
- On your device, swipe right to see your Family card in the feed. Send an email or text to your child to have them install Launcher on their device. They can also go into the Google Play Store and install it on their own.
- After your child installs Launcher, have them sign in with their Microsoft account. During setup, give Launcher permission to access location and app usage.
- Turn on location sharing and activity reporting for each child from your device.
- On your Family card, for each child, select Turn on location sharing > More options > Find [your child] on a map. Then turn on See my child’s location on a map.
- Select Activity and turn on Activity reporting. You’ll also have the option to turn on weekly email reports.
Troubleshoot Microsoft Launcher
If you're having trouble with Microsoft Launcher, see some troubleshooting topics below for help.