For most people, in most regions
- Sign in to Your info on the Microsoft account website.
- Select Edit date of birth.
- Change your birthdate, and select Save.
For parents, trying to change a child's birthdate
If your child is above the statutory age (13 in most regions), they’ll need to sign in and update their birthdate using the steps for an adult account. If they're below that age, you can do it for them. Note: If the birthdate is incorrect and shows them over the statutory age, they still need to update it themselves as if it's their actual age.
- Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your account on account.microsoft.com/family.
- Select Manage my child's profile info at the bottom of the Your family page.
- In the Manage permissions page of the child’s account that you want to change, at the right, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.
For help with age verification, see Age verification and parental consent.